Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Poll: #21 TIEBREAKER

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
C Michael St. Croix finished a single vote ahead of G Mackenzie Skapski and RW Richard Nejezchleb. Time for a tiebreaker round!

Tommy Hughes will get added next round.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
St. Croix based on his upside as a player who scored 200 points in his final two years in the juniorms in 2012 & 2013.

Skapski lost some of the flair with poor playoffs and even during the regular season didn't do anything extraordinary. Let's see if he does well in Hartford.

Nejezchleb is a recent 5th rounder, nothing special about that. Let's see if he can crack the AHL before jumping on his bandwagon.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Went with St. Croix. Always liked his potential. Tore up ECHL. Still young. Can make a jump this year if he makes the AHL roster. Hopefully one of Miller and Lindberg are in the NHL opening a potential top 6 spot there.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Skapper. His numbers were actually solid considering the team in front of him and reports on the Rangers' opinion of him are promising as well.

Yes, his playoff numbers were particularly bad, but as I mentioned in the previous thread, if you break them down round by round, he had one horrid 3-game stretch in the first series and was actually quite good in the second round.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Skapski
Glad you'll add Hughes. IMHO,
Then Fogarty and Walcott please

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Can someone explain the love affair with Nejezchleb? His offensive numbers were unimpressive for a 17 year old, much less for his last year of junior eligibility. He was only 6th on his team in points per game. He failed to make the Czech WJC team, which is not particularly strong (don't even try to compare it to not making the Canadian team).

He's got size, but its nothing special at 6-2 203. Josh Nicholls is the same 6'2 and scored over .35 more points per game at the same age... and got buried in the ECHL.

Stats aren't everything, so for those who've seen more than highlights on YouTube, why is he a good prospect? Why is he better than Nicholls? Why is he getting votes ahead of Mantha who was just drafted a round earlier?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Went with MSC. Little disappointed he wasn't in the AHL last year, but PPG in a pro league is nothing to sneeze at.

I think he makes the AHL this season, and hopefully lines up as a winger if he can't get a top 6 center role, IE he probably won't with Mueller, Miller, Lindberg, Lombo all candidates to play in the AHL top 6 if they can't make the big league squad.

Skapski I didn't see much of, but heard good things.

Nezecheleb I know nothing about, but stat lines are intriguing. No idea what or where he ends up as. Color me ignorant on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad