Rangers Prospect Ranking: (Winter 2020) - #16

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ranger's Winter 2020 Prospect Ranking

1. Kaapo Kakko (F) (2019 Draft - 1st round) (E)
2. Igor Shestyorkin (G) (2014 Draft - 4th round) (+1)
3 . Adam Fox (D) (2016 Draft - 3rd round) (+2)
4. Vitali Kravtsov (F) (2018 Draft - 1st round) (-2)
5. Nils Lundkvist (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round (+2)
6. K'Andre Miller (D) (2018 Draft - 1st round ) (-2)
7. Zach Jones (D) (2019 Draft - 3rd round) (+10)
8. Ryan Lindgren (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (+6)
9. Libor Hajek (D) (2016 Draft - 2nd round) (E)
10. Yegor Rykov (D) (2016 Draft - 5th round) (E)
11. Morgan Barron (F) (2017 Draft - 6th round) (+2)
12. Joey Keane (D) (2018 Draft - 3rd round) (+4)
13. Matthew Robertson (D) (2019 Draft - 2nd round) (-2)
14. Lauri Pajuniemi (F) (2018 Draft - 5th round) (+9)
15. Karl Henriksson (F)
(2019 Draft - 2nd round) (E)

henrikssonkarl.jpg

Added: Adam Edstrom

Please tell me who you want added:
LastFirstPosition
AaltonenLeeviF
CiccoliniEricRW
CrawleyBrandonLD
DaySeanLD
ElmerJakeRW
FontaineGabrielF
GroppRyanLW
GrossNicoLD
HughesRileyRW
KjellbergSimonLD
LeedahlDawsonLD
LettieriVinniF
LindbomOlofG
NanneTylerD/F
NewellPatrickF
RaddyshDarrenRD
RagnarssonJacobLD
RonningTyRW
SjalinCalleLD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
For those that are curious about prospect eligibility, since it came up last thread:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

NOTE: These are general guidelines and should be followed the majority of the time but certain players may still be listed as prospects if circumstances warrant.

Source: Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Tim Gettinger should he given some love for his limited showings in the NHL and solid fourth-line projection, since this team needs checking forwards.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Huska

Add Kjellberg with his 10 points in 21 games as an NCAA freshman.

Doing this so @nyr2k2 gets a kick out of it
I mean I think he's a nothing prospect, but his performance this year has definitely been nice, at least statistically. I will probably vote for him and the end of the ranked guys. Can't ignore progress. LOL.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I thought we had all agreed to forget as a board that Lindbom was a thing.

th
Agreed. It was a reach back then and surprise, surprise, it still looks like a reach. When we have a surplus of goalies. Also not surprisingly, most of the 1st round-talents left on the board are doing well. We really could have used one of them.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Interesting I noticed this is a second or third poll where goalie votes are split between Huska and Wall and therefore allow another non-goalie prospect to leapfrog both.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Interesting I noticed this is a second or third poll where goalie votes are split between Huska and Wall and therefore allow another non-goalie prospect to leapfrog both.

if you add both goalies votes together, they are still getting demolished 40 vs 28.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
if you add both goalies votes together, they are still getting demolished 40 vs 28.

It was a lot closer when I looked earlier. Similarly, it was a lot closer midway through in one prior vote too (forgot which one).

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

yeah, well IMHO, after Tarmo and the 2 G's, that's it for the guys who have earned a ranking of ~ B+, and confidence in a likely successful NHL career

as much as I root for them, it is still as much guessing as science to choose among these last 22 guys

Skinner or Aaltonen or Gross or Edstrom or Hughes, haven't disappointed but haven't stood out,
or Gropp or Day or Gettinger or Elmer or Ronning, aside from Getts, all young pros who haven't found their groove at AHL level
or older guys like Vinni or Raddysh,
and Linbolm's inconsistent starts have him a total wild card in my thinking, similarly neither Ragnsrsson nor Sjalin have been playing daily

Newell, , Kjellberg, Ciccolini, could also be graded incomplete, while Nanne, Fontaine, Leedahl, Crawley are likely the lowest tier

Reactions: kovazub94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad