#19 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He had a pretty good season
I mean, he played in like 10 games. Most of those games were not great in terms of his statistical performance, and I haven't seen anyone say "the stats don't tell the whole story" or anything. How do you characterize 10 games of .900 goaltending as "pretty good"? Yes, I know he was called up for a couple weeks to ride the pine on the SHL club, the full circumstances of which I haven't read anywhere, but is that really enough when coupled with his mediocre play before and after to say he was pretty good?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
And he signed a pro contract with Mora after the season he had. Clearly he impressed them with his play
We'll see how it goes. He could be the starter, he could be the backup, or he could be back in J20. They obviously see potential, like the Rangers, but let's see how it unfolds.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
He signed with a HockeyAllsvenskan team.
Me:
giphy.gif

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I mean, he played in like 10 games. Most of those games were not great in terms of his statistical performance, and I haven't seen anyone say "the stats don't tell the whole story" or anything. How do you characterize 10 games of .900 goaltending as "pretty good"? Yes, I know he was called up for a couple weeks to ride the pine on the SHL club, the full circumstances of which I haven't read anywhere, but is that really enough when coupled with his mediocre play before and after to say he was pretty good?

We've been over this already in the prospect thread.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah so maybe recap it for people here. Because it didn't hold water then and it doesn't now.
I got the sense he had something bright spots and showed potential. But I think that, at this point it's mostly: Rangers used a second rounder on him, so we hope/trust they're right :)

Reactions: nyr2k2

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
I got the sense he had something bright spots and showed potential. But I think that, at this point it's mostly: Rangers used a second rounder on him, so we hope/trust they're right :)

Personally, I think there's a little more to it than that. He was drafted (and widely ranked) in the 2nd because he's been one of the best goalies in his age group. He started for a U20 team as a 17 year old and led all goalies in save % at the U18's last year as a very late birthday. Between that and the fact that he's only 18, there's a lot of potential / upside there.

Admittedly, there's also a lot of uncertainty in projecting an 18 year goalie who's not particularly close to playing in the NHL, but that's why I voted for 18 other guys before Lindbom. At this point, we're dealing mostly with longshots or prospects with limited upside. Personally, I lean heavily towards upside in those cases (I don't think a prospect whose upside is similar to Freddy Claesson, who we just let go for nothing, has a ton of value) and at this point, I think Lindbom probably has the highest relatively realistic upside of the guys who are left.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
This pool is deep, like jumping from the roof and and not hitting the bottom with your feet deep.
At this point we are speaking about a number of goalies with good college careers and/or great play in international tournaments, teenage d-men that is going to play in one of the top EU leagues the upcoming season and a 21 forward with great size doing well in the A in his first pro season.

Voted Gettinger as he has a good mix of progression and natural attributes and did not that misplaced in his cup of coffee last season. Think he has limited upside, but I believe he can end up as a key bottom 6 cog on a great team.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Yeah. It's ok and encouraged to have your own opinion. And FYI it's "would have".

I do have my own opinion: Pajuniemi should be at #18.

I'm not sure why that somehow should forfeit my right to affect the voting for these couple rounds in the interim.

Although, as I insinuated earlier, had I known that it wasn't going to be close between Gettinger and Lindbom, I would of just voted Paju and tried to get some momentum going for him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also, the best part about our prospect depth is that we have legitimate prospects like Nico Gross still to be added (add Gross). That's impressive. Three years ago, he'd be in our top 15.

Reactions: darko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad