Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #29 Prospect

#29 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think the difference is that some of us had seen Buch, Duke, and/or Tambo. I don't think (maybe I'm wrong) that anyone here has ever watched Hughes or Kjellberg.

Most of those draft services also had Chytil outside of the 1st Round.. in cases where I haven't seen a player, I'll trust the Rangers organization over "draft services".
These polls are all about preference and how you value and rank prospects. Maybe Kjellberg projects as a "safe" defenseman or something; I have no idea because there is literally nothing written about him from anyone other than some dude here. There's plenty more out there on Hughes and a lot of it is positive. Like Corey Pronman ranking the kid 67th.

I think it boils down to people having read about Hughes, seen that Pronman ranking and some of the others, and feeling there's reason for some optimism with him. Whereas, with Kjellberg, everyone is like "Who the f*** is this guy?" and then there's not a single positive report about his game to counterbalance that.

It is what it is. I have faith in our scouting department but sometimes I think they make questionable decisions. Lindbom in the second. A guy who appears to be noteworthy for no other reason than being the son of one of our scouts. IDK.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad