Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #8

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Clear win for Aleksi Saarela in round 7. C/LW Cristoval Nieves is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Dylan McIlrath
3. D Brady Skjei
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. G Igor Shesterkin
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. C/LW Aleksi Saarela

Aleksi Saarela
C/LW -- shoots L
Born Jan 7 1997 -- Helsinki, Finland
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 198

2015-16 Assat Pori SM-liiga 28GP 10-5-15 12PIM

finlands-patrik-laine-jesse-puljujrvi-and-aleksi-saarela-celebrate-picture-id502695024

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hellberg, Magnus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Morrison, Brad
Nanne, Tyler
Nejezchleb, Richard
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Tambellini. Gropp will probably be his main competition this round, but Rambo scored much more last year at the exact same age as Gropp is now, except he did it without Barzel or any other great players. Rambo is tall and a decent skater. He has the best shot of any Hartford forward - young or veteran. Probably will score around 20 goals in his rookie AHL season. He has his flaws, but the kid has the biggest upside of anyone presently in the poll.

Add Huska.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm going with Tambo for this one because he's performed better in Hartford than I thought he would in his first season. I really want Gropp to start picking it up now that his game is back before I give him a vote.

Add Huska

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Tambo, add Mantha

EDIT: I see Boo has already been added, got confused because he's still on the eligible list. Add Mantha instead. Not much offense in juniors but a 6'5" defenseman will always be intriguing. Not dissimilar to McIlrath in that he is a bit of a project, needs to improve his foot speed. However I'd argue that he's better at moving the puck than McI was at 19 years old.

Last edited:

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Went with Tambo on this, he's closer than Gropp or Kovacs and still has upside as a scoring winger. Getting close 20 goals in the AHL in his first season would be great achievement while he can focus on getting the rest of his game together. Hopefully we can see a stronger second half from him if Hartford can pick up their play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad