Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #7

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Ryan Graves won round 6. LW Ryan Gropp is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

I specifically want to point out that Paliotta and Hrivik are eligible as prospects since they played under 65 games. Every year there are people who declare something like, "I don't consider Buchnevich to be a prospect because he's guaranteed to play on the Rangers." That is not the standard. We cannot have everyone follow a difference standard because then the results will be meaningless. By HF standards, McIlrath and others I listed are eligible, therefore they will count as prospects here.

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin
5. D Dylan McIlrath
6. D Ryan Graves

Ryan Graves
Defense -- shoots L
Born May 21 1995 -- Yarmouth, NS
Height 6.05 -- Weight 230

2015-16 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 74GP 9-12-21 53PIM

val_dor.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Gilmour, John
Jensen, Nicklas
Halverson, Brandon
Hellberg, Mangus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Morrison, Brad
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Reunanen, Tarmo
Stromwall, Malte
Tambellini, Adam
Wall, Tyler
Zborovskiy, Sergey

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Went with Skapski. He did well in his rookie season, then played injured, and again had a strong preseason this time. I was also considering Nieves, but decided against him because he didn't have the chance to play in the preseason. I'd want him to show what he's got at this level before ranking him this high.

Add Huska. He's very good and definitely deserves to be up there.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Went with Skapski. He did well in his rookie season, then played injured, and again had a strong preseason this time. I was also considering Nieves, but decided against him because he didn't have the chance to play in the preseason. I'd want him to show what he's got at this level before ranking him this high.

Add Huska. He's very good and definitely deserves to be up there.

Agreed with all of this, including my wavering between Skapski and Boo, but going with Gilmour instead as my add. Very impressed with what I saw in preseason.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I'll go with Skapski. Had a really nice camp.

Add Stromwall. He may have not been productive in pre-season, but he didn't play with NHL linemates. I like his shot, his skating, and his energy. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Not gonna lie, our pool is a LOT deeper than I thought.

Since the last poll, we got 6 draftees plus Vesey, Gilmour, Clendo, Paliotta, Jensen, Chapie, Stromwall. That's 13 prospects in and only Saarela out. Adding a net of 12 prospects makes the pool deep out of nowhere.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Since the last poll, we got 6 draftees plus Vesey, Gilmour, Clendo, Paliotta, Jensen, Chapie, Stromwall. That's 13 prospects in and only Saarela out. Adding a net of 12 prospects makes the pool deep out of nowhere.

Yup. And it helps that most of these guys passed the eye test in preseason. Much more exciting than some of our signees in previous years.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I really like Kovacs here. I think he's coming along very nicely. Great skater--excellent hockey IQ--bit of an agitator--he's put on some muscle in the last year. He's still a kid and he's not NHL ready but he's got game. Add Paliotta.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I really like Kovacs here. I think he's coming along very nicely. Great skater--excellent hockey IQ--bit of an agitator--he's put on some muscle in the last year. He's still a kid and he's not NHL ready but he's got game. Add Paliotta.

Don't disagree at all. Was pleasantly surprised by his performance, especially considering his age. I place him just a few spots back, after Skapski and Nieves, but before Gropp.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Clearly we have hit the next tier with prospect number 7. Guess i'll go with Slappy.

Yeah, I think the gap from #6 to #7 is huge. In the top 6, any of them could turn into our best guy eventually. After that, it's guys with much lower potential and lesser odds to crack the NHL as full-timers.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I like Kovacs. Heck the kid is 6 weeks short of his 20th birthday and while he didn't have a "great" pre-season, he clearly has skill. Very happy with the pick.

Add Gropp--evidently the coaching staff was very happy with him.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Add Tarmo on potential. Otherwise I think Stromwall and Gilmour both looked good and are likely closest to the NHL right now. Grupp has some potential too

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Skapski, add Zoborovskiy. Much like McIlrath, Zboro has done nothing but get progressively better each year since being drafted. I'd add him every day over some unknown we just drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00