Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #5

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Another easy win as C Oscar Lindberg takes round 4. C Adam Tambellini is added.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Dylan McIlrath
3. D Brady Skjei
4. C Oscar Lindberg

Oscar Lindberg
Center -- shoots L
Born Oct 29 1991 -- Skelleftea, Sweden
Height 6.01 -- Weight 195

2015-16 New York Rangers NHL 39 10-8-18 28PIM

image.JPG

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Halverson, Brandon
Hellberg, Magnus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Morrison, Brad
Nanne, Tyler
Nejezchleb, Richard
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Zborovskiy, Sergey

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Went with Graves to celebrate his All-Star selection. Kid is good.

Add Zboro. It's getting tough to choose which guys to add now. No one from the "to be added" list is an obvious choice now.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shesty. Kid is too dominant everywhere he plays.

That's what I've been saying.

1. Makes the Russian U20 Juniors (MHL) at the age of 16 and starts his rookie season with 2.10 and .920. Then he abuses the MHL playoffs with 1.59 and .948 in his 9 games despite being one of the youngest players on the ice every game.

2. Puts up a terrific 2.26 and .937 at the U18 which started a few days after he turned 17, so still one of the youngest players in the tournament, and one of the best.

3. Makes the KHL as a 17-year-old and puts up 2.80 and .903 in his 9 KHL starts. It's insane that the kid could keep up in the world's second-best league, a league superior to the AHL, in the season before he was first eligible to get drafted.

4. Meanwhile, in his pre-draft season when he wasn't in the KHL, he was abusing the Russian Juniors (MHL) with 1.42 and .947 during the regular season and 1.75 and .937 in his 19 playoff games. Those are downright dominant numbers and yet he was a year or two younger than most MHL starters.

5. As an 18 year old, he put up 2.33 and .917 in the KHL (superior league to the AHL) and 1.72 and .943 in the VHL (superior to the ECHL). The VHL is far better than Canadian Juniors and he abused it.

6. In the WJC, he posted 1.98 and .938, beating out the favored (Islanders prospect) goalie for the starting job. His numbers were even better, but in the last game he gave up a couple of goals early and got pulled. He also put up 1.61 and .945 in the other international tournaments he played in.

7. This year, he abused the VHL with 1.20 and .952. The VHL is a quality league that pays its players more than most European leagues. These are just phenomenal numbers.

8. He also put up very respectable 2.18 and .925 in the KHL. I saw 4 of his 5 KHL starts and he was good, not just lucky.

The kid is for real.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Honestly, considering the brutal numbers (3.28 and 0.895) Halverson put up in this, his final season, in the juniors, I'm surprised people want to add him so quickly.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Honestly, considering the brutal numbers (3.28 and 0.895) Halverson put up in this, his final season, in the juniors, I'm surprised people want to add him so quickly.

I agreed until I looked at the list of what is left to add :laugh:

Add Morrison

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I agreed until I looked at the list of what is left to add :laugh:

Add Morrison

I think Huska excites me more than Halvy at this point. Skapski got a couple of quality NHL stars. Zboro almost made the winning Russian team in the WJC. Nieves is decent in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad