Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #4

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Brady Skjei won round 3. G Mackenzie Skapski is added to the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

I specifically want to point out that McIlrath, Clendening, Paliotta, Skjei and Hrivik are eligible as prospects since they played under 65 games. Every year there are people who declare something like, "I don't consider Buchnevich to be a prospect because he's guaranteed to play on the Rangers." That is not the standard. We cannot have everyone follow a difference standard because then the results will be meaningless. By HF standards, McIlrath and others I listed are eligible, therefore they will count as prospects here.

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei

Brady Skjei
Defense -- shoots L
Born Mar 26 1994 -- Lakeville, MN
Height 6.03 -- Weight 206

2015-16 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 68 4-24-28 36PIM

skjei_styles.png

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Clendening, Adam
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Gilmour, John
Gropp, Ryan
Jensen, Nicklas
Halverson, Brandon
Hellberg, Mangus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Morrison, Brad
Nieves, Cristoval
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Reunanen, Tarmo
Stromwall, Malte
Tambellini, Adam
Wall, Tyler
Zborovskiy, Sergey

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Given his KHL performance this year and the utter destruction of the VHL last season, Shesterkin is the right choice here.

Add Nieves. He's being lost in the woods here because the kid is injured, but great size, great speed, good vision. He looked really good in Traverse.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I'll go with Igor again, too.

And I'll still say add Clendo, despite some holes in his defensive game. The way he has played, he almost feels like a sure thing on the PP.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Igor pitching a shutout. Add Boo.

He's not playing tonight. He got an SO the last game. I just checked the SKA game tonight and Costco got rocked for 5 goals on 23 shots, which is excellent because Shesterkin's good play combined with Costco's bad play will hopefully give Igor the starting job.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
went w/Dylan
he's making the club!

Shesterkin is valid IF we control his rights
I maybe misinformed but my understanding is his declining to sign a deal w/NY means he controls his right to be re-selected, or FA, or whatever, but bottom line is he is not automatically our property to develop.

Hulska is the add if Shesterkin is dq'd here

Day is like YakIMov on Oilers, HUGE raw talent

but don't see he is presently ahead of likes of Calle Andersson, who is on the cusp of being NHL ready somewhere.

Nieves and Gropp may have catch up to do, but I predict both will exceed Kovacs at day's end

THANKS TO BEACON FOR RUNNING THIS GIG

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Shesterkin is valid IF we control his rights
I maybe misinformed but my understanding is his declining to sign a deal w/NY means he controls his right to be re-selected, or FA, or whatever, but bottom line is he is not automatically our property to develop.

I've wondered this too and have not been able to find any info on it. Anyone know for how long we control his rights? The contract he is on now with SKA runs to 2019 I think.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
So the likely scenario is that Prospects 1-3 will graduate next season and our top prospect is then a goalie (albeit promising) with 2 more years left on a KHL contract. I guess it is then that we will begin to feel the nauseous magnitude of our all-in deadline trading the past years, unless Gorton can pull some more Hayes/Vesey kind of magic...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He's not playing tonight. He got an SO the last game. I just checked the SKA game tonight and Costco got rocked for 5 goals on 23 shots, which is excellent because Shesterkin's good play combined with Costco's bad play will hopefully give Igor the starting job.

At the time bob posted that, I think they meant in the poll.

Though I didn't see this until this morning, so.... :dunno:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Huh. Rangers must have some damn good prospects if a kid who is likely already a #4 d-man can barely crack the top-5.

Now, now, not all of us take into account certainty of reaching their potential as high as you apparently do. In these rankings, I weight where I think the player will end up when he's finished developing much higher than any other factor. Shesty vs. McI was a tough call, but I went with the guy I think has a decent chance to be a good goalie over a guy I see topping out as a 4-5-6 defender.

(Hopefully they BOTH exceed my expectations.)

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Now, now, not all of us take into account certainty of reaching their potential as high as you apparently do. In these rankings, I weight where I think the player will end up when he's finished developing much higher than any other factor. Shesty vs. McI was a tough call, but I went with the guy I think has a decent chance to be a good goalie over a guy I see topping out as a 4-5-6 defender.

(Hopefully they BOTH exceed my expectations.)

In the correct environment, with a partner like Yandle, McIlrath is a borderline first-pairing D. He played to that extent last season with Yandle.

The only reason this guy isn't already an everyday #4, and a lot of fans favorite D-man, is because AV is a tool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad