Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #21

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Calle Andersson won round 20. C Steven Fogarty is added to the poll. We will rank the Top 25 prospects, so just 5 more.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Every poll we have people who think they get to decide the rules. If you don't like the rules, go to another web site because here we use HF rules.

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Brady Skjei
3. C Oscar Lindberg
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. G Igor Shesterkin

SECOND TIER

6. C Ryan Gropp
7. G Brandon Halverson
8. G Mackenzie Skapski
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. D Ryan Graves
11. RW Robin Kovacs
12. G Magnus Hellberg
13. C Cristoval Nieves
14. C Aleksi Saarela
15. D Petr Zamorsky

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

16. RW Richard Nejezchleb
17. C Brad Morrison
18. C/LW Marek Hrivik
19. D Sergey Zborovskiy
20. D Calle Andersson

calle_andersson_sweden_110811.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Donnay, Troy
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Kantor, Michael
Lindblad, Matt
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Definitely has to be Bourque. Very close to making the NHL. Add Hughes. He's been a good AHL soldier and deserves to be up there.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Went with Iverson. Getting stronger and better each year. Physically ready.

Add Huska. Only prospect out there that isn't a bust

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Add Huska. Only prospect out there that isn't a bust

On another board on the HF, a Slovakian fan wrote down a list of Slovak prospects and what he expects from them, and his thoughts on Huska is that he'll be an ECHLer or goes back to Europe. He's not posting pretty numbers in the USHL, which is below the Canadian Juniors and even slightly below the BCHL too. His numbers in the U-18 WC were solid, but nothing else. I'm not sure he should be up there before the relatively young AHLers like Hughes and Lindblad.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
yeah, bourque will make it but he is a fringe guy.

Bernhardt is probably the most talented of those 5, so best chance if all things are equal, which remains to be seen.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Bodie,
add Hughes, but i wish i knew why he was scratched for game 1

we're in the land of long shots when adding players now, altho
- Lindblad earned a couple games w Bruins each of last 2 years
- Nanne has talent and pedigree and 4 full seasons til NYR have to decide
- if Huska was 'too good to pass up', and the group sees so much promise in Shestyerkin, Halverson, and Skapski,
why not trust them on Huska, he's not 19 until May, and like Nanne could likely go NCAA to continue to develop

I've held out hope for Nicholls, St Croix, McCarthy, Noreau, but they havent earned a better ranking yet.
and Donnay and Kantor are probably the least promising

BUT re Kantor, did y'all notice that NYR '94 pick #234 just signed for his 20th pro season

good for you, Eric Boulton

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Eh, Bernhardt just over Mantha and Iverson. My votes are always about long term potential and Bourque is a AAAA player to me.

Add Huska because a team with Hank and tons of depth at ALL levels chose to draft him anyway. In Benoit Allaire we trust.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Noreau demoted to Evansville of ECHL should send him to the bottom here, i suppose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad