Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #19

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shane McColgan became the third RW to be added to the prospect roll. LW Jason Wilson is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS

12. C Kyle Jean
13. D Calle Andersson
14. D Samuel Noreau
15. C Steven Fogarty

SUSPECTS

16. LW Andrew Yogan
17. G Cam Talbot
18. RW Shane McColgan

Shane McColgan
Right Wing
Born Jan 1 1993 -- Manhattan Beach, CA
Height 5.11 -- Weight 170 -- Shoots R

2012-13 Saskatoon Blades WHL 44 11 - 34 - 45 35PIM +5

0.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Players available to be added:

Delisle
Missiaen
Niemi
Pashnin
Stajcer
Zuccarello

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Bourque is easily the guy who deserves it. He's a good, hard working player with excellent speed, decent skills and a hard shot. He can see the ice well and has solid hockey IQ.

He has issues, but others are worse. Mash is like downgrade of Newbury. Spelling can't crack the SEL at the age of 20, playing ECHL (or lower) level hockey. Wilson has no skill whatsoever. Ceresnak will be in the ECHL next year. Parlett is decent offensively, but makes too many defensive errors to play in the NHL. Bourque is easily the guy here.

Add Miss. He's a decent AHL goalie, and he has another 5-6 years to fix his problems with rebounds and moving side to side. With proper work ethic, he can definitely fix these issues. That Kenny G let him start 3 games in a row is a sign that the organization trusts Miss more and more.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Mashinter. The only guy left that I have any confidence will ever see time on an NHL ice surface.

Add Missiaen. He still sucks but he may become an average backup at some point.

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
Mashinter... in the mix to see time in the NHL if Rupp or Asham go down & has shown enough scoring skill in the minors to stick if he regains his touch.

Add Delisle... has great size, is having a very good season in the ECHL & held his own in a brief call up to the Whale.

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
Bourque is easily the guy who deserves it. He's a good, hard working player with excellent speed, decent skills and a hard shot. He can see the ice well and has solid hockey IQ.

He has issues, but others are worse. Mash is like downgrade of Newbury. Spelling can't crack the SEL at the age of 20, playing ECHL (or lower) level hockey. Wilson has no skill whatsoever. Ceresnak will be in the ECHL next year. Parlett is decent offensively, but makes too many defensive errors to play in the NHL. Bourque is easily the guy here.

Bourque with his diminuative size & lack of scoring skills has virtually no chance to make the NHL. His brother, Chris, who has been a far superior scorer in the AHL has not been able to stick in the NHL, and I think Ryan's too small to play on a checking line. I don't see what role he could possibly have in the NHL.

I don't see the comparison between Mash & Newbury. Mash is 6-3 224 & Newbury is 5-10 205. Mash could find himself a role as a NHL heavyweight, in place of a Rupp or Asham. Newbury, though fiesty, could never do that for longer than a pinch. Mash has shown better goal scoring skills in the AHL than most heavyweights, although it's dropped this season. Mash is also more than 6 years younger that Newbury.

Spelling will not turn 20 until February, which means he's still a junior level player. He's played a handful of games in the SEL, but the bulk of his playing time has been at lower levels, where he's excelled. I'd give him at least another year to "crack" the SEL before I write him off.

Mashinter & Spelling may be longshots, but there's at least a remote possibility they'll find a niche for themselves in the NHL. Bourque, Ceresnak, Wilson, Parlett will not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad