Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #18

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
C Brad Morrison won round 17. LW Ryan Bourque is added to the poll.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Every poll we have people who think they get to decide the rules. If you don't like the rules, go to another web site because here we use HF rules.

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Brady Skjei
3. C Oscar Lindberg
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. G Igor Shesterkin

SECOND TIER

6. C Ryan Gropp
7. G Brandon Halverson
8. G Mackenzie Skapski
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. D Ryan Graves
11. RW Robin Kovacs
12. G Magnus Hellberg
13. C Cristoval Nieves
14. C Aleksi Saarela
15. D Petr Zamorsky

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

16. RW Richard Nejezchleb
17. C Brad Morrison

gp201210308139993ar-jpg.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Bodie, Mat
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Lindblad, Matt
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voting for Zborovskiy because, frankly, it's ridiculous for a guy who was just taken in the third round not to be up there by now and to possibly not even be in the top 20. He did nothing since the draft for his value to drop.

Add Hughes. He plays a similar style and role in Hartford to Mike Sauer. Quality top-4 AHL defenseman. His skills can translate in the NHL. He's 2 full years younger than Bodie, so he has more time to develop and probably will be the better of the two. His style will also make it easier for him than for Bodie to make it in the NHL.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I think 5 out of 6 unrated "Rangers Property" guys at the end are pretty clear because they are all Rabbits: Donnay, Kantor, Nicholls, Noreau and St. Croix. The 6th one is very unclear to me right now. We'll be voting for another 8 days, so by the next weekend it may clear up.

May be Iverson is he continues to struggle. He's my early favorite to join the Rabbits as an unrated prospect.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Zborovskiy. Add Huska. I trust that if we selected another goalie with what we've got already, then they must see something in the kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad