Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #15

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Sergey Zborovskiy won round 14. D Ryan Mantha replaced him in the poll.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Dylan McIlrath
3. D Brady Skjei
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. G Igor Shesterkin
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. C/LW Aleksi Saarela
8. LW Ryan Gropp
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. C Robin Kovacs
11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C/LW Cristoval Nieves
13. C Steven Fogarty
14.D Sergey Zborovskiy

Sergey Zborovskiy
Defense -- shoots L
Born Feb 21 1997 -- Moscow, Russia
Height 6.03 -- Weight 198

2015-16 Regina Pats WHL 39GP 5-11-16 33PIM

sports-kh%20pats-brandt%20centre%20regina-sergey%20zborovskiy%20vs%20medicine%20hat-nov%2017th,%202015-1.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Bernhardt, Daniel
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Hellberg, Magnus
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Jensen, Nicklas
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nejezchleb, Richard
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted Huska. I'd rather have someone who played well (albeit on a bad team in front of him) in the WJC than a 150-pound weakling who is behind 200 Junior players in scoring (Morrison), or anyone else in the poll.

Add Jensen. He's 2+ years younger than Bourque. To me, Bourque's development is pretty much over since he's now 25 years old. Jensen is still 22 and is a good AHL player.

Also, this should be the end of the second tier. Please post if you agree/disagree.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Voted Huska. I'd rather have someone who played well (albeit on a bad team in front of him) in the WJC than a 150-pound weakling who is behind 200 Junior players in scoring (Morrison), or anyone else in the poll.

Add Jensen. He's 2+ years younger than Bourque. To me, Bourque's development is pretty much over since he's now 25 years old. Jensen is still 22 and is a good AHL player.

Also, this should be the end of the second tier. Please post if you agree/disagree.

Agreed

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Huska's had a really good year. No denying that. I think for me it's where is he going from here? It would help to know what college program (assuming that's where he's heading). The other thing is kind of like with Fogarty two or three years ago or Nanne now--you're figuring at least 3-4 more years before they maybe turn pro and then a season or two or three more of development. The way I look at Huska is he'll be at least 22-23 and maybe 24-25 years old before he makes the NHL if he does.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I voted for the 150-pound weakling who is behind 200 Junior players in scoring (Morrison).

You convinced me on Jensen, though. Add him pls.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Huska's had a really good year. No denying that. I think for me it's where is he going from here? It would help to know what college program (assuming that's where he's heading). The other thing is kind of like with Fogarty two or three years ago or Nanne now--you're figuring at least 3-4 more years before they maybe turn pro and then a season or two or three more of development. The way I look at Huska is he'll be at least 22-23 and maybe 24-25 years old before he makes the NHL if he does.

There's no law that says that Huska must stay in college for 4 years. Kreider graduated in 3 years. Talbot and McDonagh left early after 3 years, Richter and Stepan after 2, Brian Leetch after just one. Fogarty stayed the full 4 years after spending his first post-draft year in the BCHL because that's what he needed. If Huska needs that long, fine. But if he progresses well and is ready for the pros sooner than that, space will be made for him in Hartford.

Goalies also take longer. At the age of 23, Talbot was a meh AHLer who got sent down to the ECHL for a couple of games. Richter was going back and forth from the AHL to the NHL at the same age. If Huska stays in college the full 4 years, he'll only be 23 years old. That's not terrible for a goalie.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Went with Skapski, though next year will be a HUGE year for him. He's on the same journey as Halverson, only further along the road.

Huska's had a good year, but is just starting out.

Some good potential in all three, some good questions as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad