Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
C Boo Nieves won spot #13. D Ryan Mantha is added to the poll.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Every poll we have people who think they get to decide the rules. If you don't like the rules, go to another web site because here we use HF rules.

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. D Brady Skjei
3. C Oscar Lindberg
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. G Igor Shesterkin

SECOND TIER

6. C Ryan Gropp
7. G Brandon Halverson
8. G Mackenzie Skapski
9. C Adam Tambellini
10. D Ryan Graves
11. RW Robin Kovacs
12. G Magnus Hellberg
13. C Cristoval Nieves

467088368-cristoval-nieves-of-the-michigan-wolverines-gettyimages.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Bodie, Mat
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Huska, Adam
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Lindblad, Matt
McCarthy, Chris
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Went off the board to vote for Ryan Mantha. He showed very good improvement last season and is just as huge as McIlrath. The kid may not have much offense in him, but he's known for having a good first breakout pass, a skill he polished last season which is the reason his stats improved. This is an important skill for any defenseman, including stay at home guys. Doesn't hit as much as he should and has a rep for being a big soft for his size (6-5 225), but knows how to use his size and reach to play defense. Not fast enough for the NHL, but still only 19 years old, so he has a ton of time to improve that. We'll need a RDs to replace Boyle, Klein and Girardi, all of whom are in their 30s, and Mantha gives me hope.

Add Ryan Bourque. He'll play in the NHL.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Add Bodie

I'd like to see what he can do in Hartford before we get too high on him. He has to get 50+ points and play non-horrible defense. Let's see where he is in the first half a season and then we'll know better the next time we run this poll in January if he's a real prospect or a bum. At this point, Hrivik, Bourque and Hughes are better NHL prospects than Bodie due to his size disadvantage.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Zamorsky. Add Hrivik. he will get a shot this year, and impress.
Like his size better than Gibbons/Megna, and his skill better than Adam

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Saarela, I guess. Add Hrivik. On a lesser team Hrivik would quite possibly be a full time bottom six player.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Three votes to add Hrivik, three to add Andersson. Unless someone else wants to break the tie, I'll change my vote from Bourque to Hrivik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad