Rangers Prospect Poll: #14 Prospect (TIE BREAKER)

#14 Prospect (TIE BREAKER)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Went with Lettieri because he's closer and I think he has good shot of making the adjustments needed to find a role in the NHL.

Day upside is potentially higher, though not "boom" level. But I think there are more unknowns.

Reactions: Ori

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Went Day. 6'3" tall, 240#, can skate like the wind, play both sides. Yes he needs to develop, but he is only 20 years old. Give him 2 years in minors and I believe Sean will develop into a solid 2nd pairing defenseman at some point in his career. Letteri is probably 24 years old. Although hard working, he is not going to get much better. Fringe NHLer at best. Depth type player

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Personally, I don't have either player in my top 20. Went with Lettieri here, but I don't see either being more than 1-2 year NHLers on bad teams.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Lettieri can keep his energy level up I think he has potential as a 3rd line forward.

Not thrilled that he is 23 already but you can't ignore good offensive production on a dumpster fire of an AHL team.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Should be Barron but I’ll go Lettieri for the sake of the thread

Reactions: darko

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Went with Lettieri because he's closer and I think he has good shot of making the adjustments needed to find a role in the NHL.

Day upside is potentially higher, though not "boom" level. But I think there are more unknowns.

Lettieri showed absolutely nothing in his time at the NHL level. Fontaine was 10 times more impressive in the pre-season. He shouldn't even be on this list.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lettieri showed absolutely nothing in his time at the NHL level. Fontaine was 10 times more impressive in the pre-season. He shouldn't even be on this list.

And that’s a consideration as to why he’s at the 14 spot, despite scoring at a 30 goal pace in the AHL as a rookie.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Would have thought the 2 UDFA signings out of Europe would be around this spot since they were playing in professional leagues and doing well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Would have thought the 2 UDFA signings out of Europe would be around this spot since they were playing in professional leagues and doing well.
Well, and Virta, too. This is about the stage where I may have to throw in the towel because things are going to diverge from my own rankings dramatically and I won't be able to internally justify voting for player X when player Y isn't even on the board yet and I think he deserves the spot. :laugh:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well, and Virta, too. This is about the stage where I may have to throw in the towel because things are going to diverge from my own rankings dramatically and I won't be able to internally justify voting for player X when player Y isn't even on the board yet and I think he deserves the spot. :laugh:

Think it comes down to name recognition at this point with some selections, oh well.

Good news is the team has potential NHL players through the 20 spot a just about. Maybe 4th liners or 3rd pair dmen but compared to a year ago when we would be saying that for prospects in the 7/8 spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad