Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect poll: #11

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
D Adam Clendening won round 10. G Brandon Halverson becomes the 4th goalie added to the poll.

ADDITIONS: I am adding Tyler Nanne since based on the last story it looks like he made a full return to health and is training to return to hockey (but probably not this season since he needs to regain his strength). I am also adding Troy Donnay since technically he's still our prospect, even though he's in his last year of his contract and nowhere near the AHL.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally, so we follow HF rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

I specifically want to point out that Paliotta and Hrivik are eligible as prospects since they played under 65 games. Every year there are people who declare something like, "I don't consider Buchnevich to be a prospect because he's guaranteed to play on the Rangers." That is not the standard. We cannot have everyone follow a difference standard because then the results will be meaningless. By HF standards, McIlrath and others I listed are eligible, therefore they will count as prospects here.

Please write-in who you think should be added to the poll.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
2. LW Jimmy Vesey
3. D Brady Skjei
4. G Igor Shesterkin
5. D Dylan McIlrath
6. D Ryan Graves

SECOND TIER

7. G Mackenzie Skapski
8. RW Robin Kovacs
9. C/LW Crystoval Nieves
10. D Adam Clendening

Adam Clendening
Defense -- shoots R
Born Oct 26 1992 -- Niagara Falls, NY
Height 6.00 -- Weight 190

2015-16 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 9 0-1-1 10PIM
2015-16 Edmonton Oilers NHL 20 1-5-6 10PIM

adam_clendening.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED:

Andersson, Calle
Bernhardt, Daniel
Chapie, Adam
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Fontaine, Gabriel
Gettinger, Tim
Jensen, Nicklas
Hellberg, Mangus
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Morrison, Brad
Nanne, Tyler
Paliota, Michael
Ronning, Ty
Stromwall, Malte
Tambellini, Adam
Wall, Tyler
Zborovskiy, Sergey

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Gilmour because he's likely to play in the NHL.

Add Zbovorvskiy. He looked good during the preseason, and now started hot in Regina. He was drafted in the 3rd round and his value has only increased since then. Not sure why Day is up there over Zboro other than the shiny new toy syndrom: Zboro is taller, has a better shot, better positioning, more polished. Day is a little faster, but Zboro's skating improved over the last 12 months enough that I didn't see a gap in skating between the two in Traverse. Basically, the *hope* for Day is that a year from now he'll be where Zboro is today, but Zboro already got at least to this point, while Day just *hopes* to get here in a year.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Gropp getting sent back to WHL team as an overage player...of course it's way too soon to call it a bust, but he is sure on his way to becoming one. Never was much a fan of the pick. I have him nowhere near the top 15 on our list.

Voted Gilmour, add Jensen.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Gropp. I don't think his being sent back to the WHL has any bearing on his longterm success as a prospect. I simply think they want him to go back and dominate.

That said, if he doesn't, he goes back down the list in our next poll.

Add Zboro.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Gilmour, add Zborovskiy.

I've been trying to add Zborovskiy since Round 7. To be honest, this is about where I would put him. These big guys tend to develop late, but just like McIlrath, the continued improvement is encouraging. Zboro has improved in very meaningful ways every season since being drafted. I personally value that over a more recent pick with an unknown ceiling (even though I am excited about Day and Reunanen).

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Didn't Huska lose out on the starting gig at UConn? Doesn't necessarily destroy his prospects, but it is a setback.

I think he did, but he was fighting against two players who were pretty much a lock already.

He lost an exhibition game for UConn, I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad