Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Pittsburgh 7:00 3/3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Pens and Caps back to back is going to be rough. And then the Islanders two days later. Rough stretch of three games right there.

I think this team can do it.

Which start do you think Raanta gets? Pens or Caps?

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Pens and Caps back to back is going to be rough. And then the Islanders two days later. Rough stretch of three games right there.

Hank gets both and Raanta gets the home start Sunday because stats, that's why

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL

Without giving it much thought, I'd give Raanta his second start in a row. Pitt's coming off a back-to-back. Raanta's playing well. Give Hank WSH and NYI.

Won't happen, I don't think.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Worst thing is this game was moved to NHL Network. So for anyone who paid for Center Ice with the expectation that they could watch this game without the ignorance of Steigerwald and Errey, they've been screwed over.

I'd really wonder if someone made an issue of this if there is a legal case to be made...I mean they did offer Center Ice on a team by team basis this season.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Worst thing is this game was moved to NHL Network. So for anyone who paid for Center Ice with the expectation that they could watch this game without the ignorance of Steigerwald and Errey, they've been screwed over.

I'd really wonder if someone made an issue of this if there is a legal case to be made...I mean they did offer Center Ice on a team by team basis this season.

Just because its on NHL-N doesn't mean we will automatically be stuck with Steiggy. On Saturday I had the MSG crew.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Pens are going to come out angry after blowing their game against the Caps last night.

Caps are going to...be themselves. Holtby has come back down to earth. Luckily, he has a stellar team in front of him. The big plus to us will be that their defense is not great. However, the plus for them is that our defense is not great. Gotta keep the penalties down for that game.

But back onto the Pens. We need to watch out for their speed. Hags-Malkin-Cookie Monster is a fast line that could exploit our slower blueliners. They'll be playing at home too, so they'll get the matchups they want.

Will be a tough stretch of games, for sure.

Morning skate will be at noon, so we'll see what happens with lines.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wouldn't mind facing them in the playoffs. Losing this game wouldn't be the worst thing, would be good for them to gain some more points so we play them, and not the Isles.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Wouldn't mind facing them in the playoffs. Losing this game wouldn't be the worst thing, would be good for them to gain some more points so we play them, and not the Isles.

No, don't worry about seeding. It's more important for the team to gain confidence by winning and knowing they can beat the teams they will potentially meet in the playoffs. Also to get on a roll and gel as a unit and to play at their highest level every game.

One thing that has me not sold on Washington is they've basically been on cruise control for the past 3 months. It's possible once the playoffs start they might have a weak game or two and won't be able to reach their peak level. I've watched a ton of their games lately and they honestly haven't looked half as good as everyone talks about them being. They're good, but not scary, and I've seen a lot of sloppiness in their play and relying heavily on their PP. Plus their D can definitely be exploited.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Looks to be 2nd PP unit

Yeah this looks to be PP1. Love it. Would prefer Stepan not on it, but w/e

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Looks to be 2nd PP unit

Yeah this looks to be PP1. Love it. Would prefer Stepan not on it, but w/e

Stepan is only there because he's a RH shot so it's either him or Boyle.

Stepan has enough skill and smarts that when he's playing confident and making quick decisions he's a good PP player. Problem is when we're slumping on the PP it seems he overthinks everything and makes deliberate passes a second too late trying to make the perfect play.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Stepan is only there because he's a RH shot so it's either him or Boyle.

Stepan has enough skill and smarts that when he's playing confident and making quick decisions he's a good PP player. Problem is when we're slumping on the PP it seems he overthinks everything and makes deliberate passes a second too late trying to make the perfect play.

Totally forgot that he's RH. Yeah, that makes sense.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Pretty sure Vigneault has started poisoning Fast so Glass can remain in the line up when Nash comes back. RIP Jesper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad