Pre-Game Talk: Rangers Pens Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Nash will score, and I believe we will win because of it.

Need Hank to be HUGE in this game. Pens are gonna give it all they've got, IMO. Beat them here, and this will be a short series. Stick to the basics. Stay out of the box. Manage the puck well. Get the puck in deep if there isn't a play, and FORECHECK. This team seems to forget to forecheck at times. They try way too many plays on the rush. They can be dangerous off the rush, but only in spurts. Need to utilize our agility along the walls more.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Nash will score, and I believe we will win because of it.

Need Hank to be HUGE in this game. Pens are gonna give it all they've got, IMO. Beat them here, and this will be a short series. Stick to the basics. Stay out of the box. Manage the puck well. Get the puck in deep if there isn't a play, and FORECHECK. This team seems to forget to forecheck at times. They try way too many plays on the rush. They can be dangerous off the rush, but only in spurts. Need to utilize our agility along the walls more.

It drives me crazy because whenever we forecheck we do so damn well. We look like we finally turn a corner and are Stanley Cup contenders.

Then we forget to play hockey for the rest of the game.

It's so predictable and so frustrating. AV said himself during one of the Pierre interviews during the 2nd period that it wasn't even anything the Penguins did to adjust. We just stopped playing our game.

So frustrating.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I like our chances if we a) score on the power play, or b) Nash scores.

Anyway, let's break the streak of losing every other game...sure would be nice to be heading home up 2-0.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I like our chances if we a) score on the power play, or b) Nash scores.

Talk about miracles.

We'll probably need those to win but this would mean we will be up 2-0 in the series, so no, it won't come to pass.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Expecting a win is too much IMO.

Just play hard, hit them hard and make the Penguins earn the win.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Expecting a win is too much IMO.

Just play hard, hit them hard and make the Penguins earn the win.

Sure, maybe expecting it would be a bad idea, but look at it this way: is winning this game realistic? No. Is it possible?

...no, it isn't.

Oh well, what do you have if you don't have hope!

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
So what is it now - 49 straight games without having a 2 game series lead? I have a feeling that streak continues tonight.

However, I hope I'm wrong because coming back to NY up 2-0 would be absolutely huge.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
So what is it now - 49 straight games without having a 2 game series lead? I have a feeling that streak continues tonight.

However, I hope I'm wrong because coming back to NY up 2-0 would be absolutely huge.

Last time we took a two game lead in a series was in 2009, we beat the Caps in game 4 and took a 3-1 lead in the series.

We lost that series, though. So maybe we should stick to doing what we do best. :laugh:

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
IMO, if we are going to make a run, this is the series we need to put away early. Whoever wins the BOS-MTL series is going to be coming off a war. We need to be rested. Win this game tonight and we can take the series in 5. We can do it, the Pens are very beatable this year.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I'm not really getting my hopes up. Far too many chances wasted going up by two games in a series. Plus the Pens absolutely need this game, cue the refs being on their side.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
13th times a charm!

Can we go up 2-0... please? But even if we don't, still great to have home ice.

All the pressure is on Pittsburgh today, and we need to take advantage of that. I don't want to hear any quotes about "matching their intensity". I want the Penguins to be worried about matching the Rangers intensity.

Get simpler on the PP. Get Nash involved (something he'll need to do on his own). Big game from Hank. Let's go up 2-0.

LETS GO RANGERS

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
One of those games where Pittsburgh comes out smelling blood and the Rangers have to survive the first half of the period or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad