Rangers Overtly Killing Lafreniere’s Career

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He actually hasn't had opportunities to change the narrative. Neither has Kakko.

Giving him like 3 games in a spot, and then removing him because he didn't score 8 points in those 3 games isn't an opportunity. That's using him as a prop. You do it to say you gave him an opportunity when realistically it wasn't a true opportunity. There was almost nothing he could've done to change the mind of the coach. The coach was also sacked, and now we have a new coach. We'll see how things go.

I don't blame Quinn as much as some did. Those guys were first and second year. Yeah, you could've given them the Hughes rookie year treatment and lived with bad results for long-term gain, but the team actually had good players in their spots, and they were fringe NHL'ers, at best, as basically all guys just drafted are (except like the occasional McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, maybe Bedard). What Gallant has done is pretty much unacceptable. He put nobodies in front of them, and every chance he could've to give them a true crack at a permanent top 6 role or PP1 role, they never got the benefit of the doubt with him. He basically forced Drury two years in a row to upgrade on the spots they should've got, and made them into the stupid "kid line" because he refused to use them where they should've been and Drury didn't want coach's pet 3rd/4th liners in the top six. The kid line has gotta go too. It was Gallant's stupid invention to make them all permanent third liners. Don't want to ever see it again.
Every time he steps on the ice, he has the opportunity to change the narrative. He's failed to take advantage of it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
more bullshit. And it has nothing to do with points....he's invisible on the ice at times....shies away from contact at times....fly's by the net as opposed to going to the net.....and just isnt noticeable the majority of the time. He is at the point now in his career where he needs to show he can make a difference.

Stop with the comparisons to other players and bitching about coaches. The whining about that shows nothing. This is on the player.....for the past three years, and for the future.
Quite a coincidence then that it always seems to happen with this team and highly regarded forwards. They never seem to pan out for the Rangers, and they often turn into those players once we trade them away. Couldn't possibly be a team problem.

Every time he steps on the ice, he has the opportunity to change the narrative. He's failed to take advantage of it.
Yeah, yeah, I know what you think of Lafreniere. You aren't going to change it. I don't regard your opinion on this topic.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Quite a coincidence then that it always seems to happen with this team and highly regarded forwards. They never seem to pan out for the Rangers, and they often turn into those players once we trade them away. Couldn't possibly be a team problem.

Yeah, yeah, I know what you think of Lafreniere. You aren't going to change it. I don't regard your opinion on this topic.
Sigh, I guess the bullshit never ends....This is a Laf conversation.....not a dissertation on other players. The "woe is us" and other garbage like not developing players is a crutch. He was certainly a highly regarded draftee.....time for him to play like one consistently.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Rangers suck at forward development but some prospects just don’t have it, regardless of what club they’re with. See Andersson and Kravtsov. Book remains out on Lafreniere and Kakko. From what I’ve seen, Kakko has “it” and would have been off to a better start if drafted by a different club. Lafreniere, I’m not sure he has “it.” I’ve seen almost nothing special from him so far. And I really want him to succeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaels Arms

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers suck at forward development but some prospects just don’t have it, regardless of what club they’re with. See Andersson and Kravtsov. Book remains out on Lafreniere and Kakko. From what I’ve seen, Kakko has “it” and would have been off to a better start if drafted by a different club. Lafreniere, I’m not sure he has “it.” I’ve seen almost nothing special from him so far. And I really want him to succeed.
I don’t know what Buchnevich or Miller or Zuccarello had at the same age that was so much better than Lafreniere. He may not end up a superstar 1OA, but I think he has a very real chance to be a very good player and now it’s incumbent on him and the team to get him to that level. They both have roles to play in that. We should not cast him aside or give up on him because he may not end up a league wide superstar. There is still a lot to gain from his development. We would love to have a player in their D+3 who had 39 points (in a 3rd line/PP2 role). That suggests a very good player eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad