News Article: Rangers on team USA

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
An interesting tidbit. Neither Canada or US have never gotten a medal in the "real" Olympics When it has been played outsideNorth American ice. But gone head to head in both finals in NA. Conspiracy? Probably not but the all important network ratings surely go up if US meets Canada.

I think Russia will be one team in the finals. If they fail, look for a huge mess in the KHL to follow. The other team there will be hard choose as of now. Canada or Sweden is the easy pic, but I think Czech is a real sneaky dark horse on the big ice.

Are you talking about real olympic sized ice because last i checked they all counted. Which basketball court is real?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Are you talking about real olympic sized ice because last i checked they all counted. Which basketball court is real?

Real Olympics = full NHL patricipation :amazed:

1998 Nagano, JAPAN GOLD = Czech Republic (CZE) SILVER = Russia (RUS) BRONZE = Finland (FIN)
2002 Salt Lake City, USA GOLD = Canada (CAN) SILVER = United States (USA) BRONZE = Russia (RUS)
2006 Turin, ITALY GOLD = Sweden (SWE) SILVER = Finland (FIN) BRONZE = Czech Republic (CZE)
2010 Vancouver, CANADA GOLD = Canada (CAN) SILVER = United States (USA) BRONZE = Finland (FIN)

Always play on big ice in the Olympics. Your basketball comment is cordially noted

Last edited:

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Real Olympics = full NHL patricipation :amazed:

1998 Nagano, JAPAN GOLD = Czech Republic (CZE) SILVER = Russia (RUS) BRONZE = Finland (FIN)
2002 Salt Lake City, USA GOLD = Canada (CAN) SILVER = United States (USA) BRONZE = Russia (RUS)
2006 Turin, ITALY GOLD = Sweden (SWE) SILVER = Finland (FIN) BRONZE = Czech Republic (CZE)
2010 Vancouver, CANADA GOLD = Canada (CAN) SILVER = United States (USA) BRONZE = Finland (FIN)

Always play on big ice in the Olympics. Your basketball comment is cordially noted

Real olympics means amateur athletes. Look it up.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
He should be but some of articles I read had
Suter
Yandle
Johnson
Carlson
Orpik
Shattenkirk
All ahead of Ryan and one guy even mentioned Seth Jones SMH .

Suter, Yandle, Shattenkirk, and McDonagh should be top 4 out of that group.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Real olympics means amateur athletes. Look it up.

After the 1988 Games, the IOC voted to declare all professionals eligible for the Olympics, subject to the approval of the international federations in charge of each sport. All but three federations eventually went along with the lifting of restrictions promoted by the IOC. Soccer and baseball continued to forbid professionals, while soccer has agreed to allow three professionals on their roster in addition to the professionals under the age of 23, against whom there is no prohibition.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/olympics/owg98/osytr01.htm

Ummm OK

NHL participation is what I meant with "real" - as in all the best athletes (ie including the NHL) getting to compete.
In reality - the 1994 Olympics at Lillehammar were "real" in the sense that professionals were for the first time allowed to play. Gold Medalists Sweden fielded a team full of ex-NHLers at this tourney - so I think it is not really fair to the Canadians or Americans who did not send any NHL pros and do not include it as "real".
To be precise, he "real" Olympics (pre TV, sponsors and logotypes) would be those that were held in ancient Greece - where hockey certainly was not on the agenda.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Excited for our boys to play!

I got Russia winning the Olympics this year though.

Ovechkin-Malkin-Kovalchuk
Semin-Datsyuk-Tarasenko/Radulov

find me a better top 6.

maybe Stamkos-Crosby-Nash
Benn-Toews-Getzlaf

but Stammer is injured.

If Stamkos plays, Canada's first is better.

The second line is much better.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/olympics/owg98/osytr01.htm

Ummm OK

NHL participation is what I meant with "real" - as in all the best athletes (ie including the NHL) getting to compete.
In reality - the 1994 Olympics at Lillehammar were "real" in the sense that professionals were for the first time allowed to play. Gold Medalists Sweden fielded a team full of ex-NHLers at this tourney - so I think it is not really fair to the Canadians or Americans who did not send any NHL pros and do not include it as "real".
To be precise, he "real" Olympics (pre TV, sponsors and logotypes) would be those that were held in ancient Greece - where hockey certainly was not on the agenda.

So all olympics performed under the governance of the IOC were real hence there were no unreal ones. So your medal statement under the premise of "since pros participated" would be quite correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad