Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hagelin was good as well. Strong defensive game. I liked Stempniak's game too.

Missing Brassard hurt, and it was a sluggish game after playing last night. But there were things to like here from a Rangers standpoint.

The real negative was how boring it was, but scoring almost 3 goals per game, it's nice to see we can still win a boring one.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Stempniak has pissed me off the past few games. I don't know why. I really liked the signing and I really liked how he started the season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think he's been fine. He's a solid bottom 6 guy that chips in here and there. He is what he is.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Brassards creativity and way he sees ice is really missed by this team. Hank and staal helped us get these two points. Gonna need more contributors Tuesday against a desperate flames team

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Good they made the lead stand up. However, I will never ever like seeing a 1 goal lead for so long, and such a lack of offense for a prolonged stretch. Quite obviously, my worries were for nothing, so that makes me wrong tonight.
But, cannot help it, it makes me quite nervous.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Stempniak has pissed me off the past few games. I don't know why. I really liked the signing and I really liked how he started the season.

Yup. He's looked like a passenger lately . Not being as aggressive and going to net like he did early in the season

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The reason the game looked like it did was because that's the only way Edmonton can play and stay in games. They end up losing regardless, though, sans a crazy bounce.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
What really matters here, besides 2 points, is Henrik and McDonagh are inching their way back.

This is the truth. McDonagh is slowly getting better each game, getting back to form. Hank looks much better, his movements are more controlled, he's definitely tracking the puck better. Good stuff from those two.

Marc Staal was a monster last night and tonight. That's the guy we want to see.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1m1 minute ago
#NYR @HLundqvist30 has started both games of a B2B 70 times in the reg season, going 43-20-7, 2.01 GAA, 929 SV%, and 8 SO in the 2nd game.

Ridiculous.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Anyone notice Sam called Justin Shultz, Nick Schultz the whole game. That was pretty funny.

Ridiculous.

Yup, he's always been great on the 2nd night of B2B, Torts used to always play him in them. I saw some people on twitter whining that Hank was starting pointing to the overwhelming stats that say goalies are worse on the 2nd night of a B2B, but not looking at that fact that Hank has always been good in them. Not all goalies are created equal.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Good win, offense wasn't that great but thats the way the oilers make you play since they suck. With the flames canes and caps coming up this team could get on a serious roll here. Hopefuly brass is back by the canes series.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Keep it going boys. Playing Flames at the right time too, they've lost 5 in a row.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Perfectly fine with the game and the result. Got a lead--didn't do a lot but didn't give up hardly anything. It's a road win against a team we've had a bunch of problems with the past two years. Not going to complain. We need the ****ing points--eyesore or not.

Agreed, no doubt. A win is a win.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I actually had set an alarm for 3:30am over here, but I wasn't able to get up. Watched the condensed version on NHL.com this morning, not knowing the result of course. Even those 11 minutes were boring.

Very happy we took the 2 points though. Beat a good team the night before, the Oilers had lost 14 of 15 - it had "loss" written all over it and our guys won. Also, our D appears to be headed in the right direction lately. McD showing flahses of last year's brilliance certainly helps in that regard.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Take this win for what it's worth.

Back to back nights on a western road trip without our top center. Edmonton, well rested, tried to get a win out of a style of play in which clogging the neutral zone and disrupting the Rangers breakout was their only chance.

We got 2 desperately needed points out of this game and did not give EDM much at all to work with, either. Take the win and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad