Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
We need to win the next 4 games in all honesty

Calgary 2 against Carolina and then a home game against Washington who we are chasing.

These next 4 have to be must wins quite frankly

There are no must win games in December...and certainly not 4 in a row. lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sure there are this isn't your daddy's NHL you are out of playoffs on thanksgiving you are done

You have a stretch of games against opponents like this U better win them

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Must win is one of the most improperly used phrases in sports. We are in the hunt with 2/3 the season remaining. It's important that we win...but that's not the same thing as must win.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Why haven't they fired their GM? Tht roster is a huge joke... Wasted good youth for nothing

because:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-think-oilers-are-his-disaster-172642438.html

6. Is it MacTavish’s fault? His intense forensic investigation has discovered that ….

… no.

No, this is totally not his fault, according to no less an authority as Craig MacTavish.

When grouped in with Kevin Lowe and Scott Howson as part of the Oilers’ braintrust, MacTavish bristled.

“I’ve been on the job for 18 months. So you want to lop me in … I coached the team for a long time, but I have nothing to do with management. So don’t lop me into a situation of power and influence in the management level of this organization,” he said.

MacTavish coached the Oilers for eight seasons. The idea that he didn’t have input on player personnel decisions is, frankly, nonsensical. So essentially here he’s passed the buck for the poor construction of this roster over the years to former GM Steve Tambellini and Kevin Lowe, who is MacTavish’s boss and currently being helped from under a bus.

But MacTavish has attempted to position himself not as another example of the franchise’s addiction to nostalgia and cronyism, but as an “outsider” that is coming in to fix this mess. And claiming this isn’t his mess – and he lack of restructuring in both the roster and the team’s maligned scouting department says it is, at least partially – helps establish that persona.

“I’m pissed off. No one lives it more than me. And our fans are pissed off,” said the Rebel GM.

“We’re going to continue making rational, responsible decisions based on the situation that we’re in.”

Also because Katz is buddies with all the old Oilers players from the 80's and it's a big bunch of nepotism and they'd rather sit around and (MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Dallas has been cancelled in Edmonton.

Not even close to the whole problem.

Funny thing is, I remarked to myself after last night's game that the Oilers looked so disinterested for so much of the game, and we shut them out playing a pretty relaxed conservative game... if there is a perfect time to fire Eakins, it's after this one.

I woke up and lo and behold. I should've posted about it so I could really do some bragging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot