Rangers no players above PPG in the playoffs since 07/08

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
While it'd be great to have your guys score over PPG till their arms fall off. Depth scoring is also nice.

I.E the rangers have 3 Defensemen who are 1 pt away from hitting double digits in points. While the leading forward (stepan) is a "decent" 12 pts in 16 games.

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
That's what not drafting in the top 5 for a chance at OV, Crosby, Kane, etc... will get you (major credit to TBL for finding Johnson).

Rangers have scoring depth, thats what has kept them competitive. That and their best player is in goal. There are many different ways to win.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That's what not drafting in the top 5 for a chance at OV, Crosby, Kane, etc... will get you (major credit to TBL for finding Johnson).

Rangers have scoring depth, thats what has kept them competitive. That and their best player is in goal. There are many different ways to win.

Like getting dominated and getting lucky.

It's good to see how our young players have stepped up big time this postseason. Stepan, Kreider and Brassard have carried the offense with Hayes, Fast and Miller contributing up and down the ice. Those are all top 6 guys and haven't even hit their prime yet.

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
This is a non-issue. Consider that Tyler Johnson at this point is only slightly above a point per game (17 points in 16 games) and with 2/3 games against Lundqvist plus maybe another series against another really strong defensive team isn't all that good a bet to finish ahead of that mark. From 2011 to 2014, only 12-13 Krejci was above a p/g of players who have went to the cup finals. The Rangers haven't had big time star forwards in their recent run and they've usually gone deep enough to not have some cheap 6 points in a 5 game opening round loss for whoever to meet that criteria.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Like getting dominated and getting lucky.

It's good to see how our young players have stepped up big time this postseason. Stepan, Kreider and Brassard have carried the offense with Hayes, Fast and Miller contributing up and down the ice. Those are all top 6 guys and haven't even hit their prime yet.

I'd say Brass is in his prime right now.

raygunpk

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Feb 5, 2008
Lundqvist only has ONE assist in all those years...and people say he's one of the best? Wow.

imfree19

Apr 16, 2012
This is why people call them a "boring" team. No real standout players. Just solid offense with great defense.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Jaromir Jagr 07/08
NYR R 10ga 5g 10a 15p

They did have a ppg player tho in 12/13 with Derick Brassard 12ga 12p. But not above PPG.

I think the hilarious thing about that is that they didn't re-sign Jagr after that season but decided to roll with the Drury/Gomez duo.

I remember those playoffs, Rangers lost to the Pens 4-1, but Jagr was easily the best player in the league for those two playoff rounds.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We're just not built that way. We're doing fine regardless of everyone's expectations that we must have a franchise forward.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Make me realize Derick Brassard has really established himself as a playoff performer. Maybe I'm late but his stats are pretty good : 35 points in 52 games. I bet he was hungry for some playoff hockey after missing it his first 6 years in the league.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Because they play very defensive style and limit opponents offense. Very boring team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad