Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Stralman - Zuccarello

Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
McDonagh - Moore

:dunno:

No no no. Let's try something like this;

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Girardi-MDZ

Three players struggling with scoring and two that can't hit the net. How could it possibly fail?

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Miss some more contriution from the defenders, on PP as well as EQ. Think that has been the major difference between the teams in the first two games. The PP last game didn't look all that bad. Just make it crowded in front, and get the puck in there. With 2 for 35? might as well just place a big body like Boyle there, and pretend it's 4 on 4.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
It almost doesn't even matter what lineup you put out there...the point men, no matter who they are, have all too often been unable to get a dangerous shot past the pk forwards.

Deleted member 23124

It almost doesn't even matter what lineup you put out there...the point men, no matter who they are, have all too often been unable to get a dangerous shot past the pk forwards.

Could that be because the PKers don't back up or have time to come up on the them because they know the point men are looking to pass the puck before they shoot?

The FIRST rule should be: Never have three fowards BEHIND the net.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I was actually hoping this was for realzies... and they were gonna try something else.

Ahhh well... business as usual.

Try same thing, expect diff results. Fail, rinse, repeat.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Why change things? Dumping it in, slapping it around the boards and either the pointman fumbling the puck at the blueline or Richards spazzing out after we begin to set up has been working so well for us! Create traffic, deflect the puck and more one timers you say? Nonsense we will beat you with our PP tied behind our back!

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
“Because he stinks on the power play,†Tortorella explained. “I don’t know why. I wish I could play him on the power play. Every time I put him on, he stinks.â€

“I think he’s too quick. I think he’s a jitterbug and he screws it up. But I may use him — I’d love to. And I’m not trying to be a smart aleck. He stinks on the power play every time I put him on there.â€

-John Tortorella on Carl Hagelin

Yet he still has MDZ, Girardi and Richards out there.. This ****ing guy..

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
I'm what many on this board consider to be a "Boyle Hater" (i.e. I think Torts overuses him and he's a great fourth line center that can suitably move up to be a third line winger in case of injury/underperformance, but that's it), but I think he's been a bright spot on the 2nd PP unit this postseason. I see no reason to take him off.

I'd want to see this:

Callahan-Brassard-Nash
Zuccarello-Moore

Once we gain possession, Cally just parks his ass in front of the net. Zucc is a lefty, so he'll play the left point so he can pass all the way across the ice on his forehand. Moore is also a lefty, but we need to get him the shot from the middle of the ice.

Brassard will be Brassard, and Nash will hopefully be Nash.

Only problem here is Brassard will lose 60% of the draws.

I completely agree with you, not often do I read such a smart, factual post, kudos to you man! And I completely agree on the forwards. Although I have to be frank and admit I **** 2 bricks every time a weak defensive forward like Zuccarello is on the point. He will be beat if they clear the zone and rush the puck up ice. He is very weak defensively. I'd have this

Callahan-Brassard-Nash
Moore-Stralman

Zuccarello-Stepan-Pyatt/Boyle
Richards-MDZ

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Hagelin-Brassgod-Callahan(screen)
Moore-MZA

Nash-Boyle(screen)-Stepan
Del Zotto-McDonagh

IT CAN WORK JUST ****ING KEEP THE PUCK IN AND DO NOT DUMP OMFG DO NOT DUMP THE PUCK.

Punxrocknyc19*

attachment.php

Put everyone on the ice. I likes it. It's a good stratergy.

no that cant be it. they are practicing Duck Duck Goose for the between periods intermission :laugh:

Punxrocknyc19*

Hagelin-Brassgod-Callahan(screen)
Moore-MZA

Nash-Boyle(screen)-Stepan
Del Zotto-McDonagh

IT CAN WORK JUST ****ING KEEP THE PUCK IN AND DO NOT DUMP OMFG DO NOT DUMP THE PUCK.

:shakehead rather have Stralman on the PP or even Brassard at the point over Del Zotto. at least he doesnt shoot the puck wide and around the boards and into the neutral zone.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Is this a joke thread? not funny.

Nothing Torts does will help the PP. We will eventually score a PP goal, but! anything Torts touches on the PP and thinks ... stinks.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Wish he could just leave it alone for some games, like it was last game maybe. Must be difficult to drill anything when you change so much. Even if they don't have a good system, a familiar face in a familiar space is not to be underestimated. And agree, don't dump it in. Would like to see Stralman and Moore with some PP time, along With Zuke, Nash and Brassard.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013
I think McDonagh-Moore together would be redundant, but I'm not an NHL coach.

I don't think it's redundant in terms of their skillsets, 2 Dmen on the power play might be though...

I would have no problem with McDonagh-Moore...They are both really good skaters, and that's what we don't do enough of on the power play, is MOVE.

Forget Torts and Sully and them being responsible for the PP....There's five ****ing guys out on the ice, playing hockey against 4 other dudes...forget your ****ing coach, FIND A WAY TO LIGHT THE LAMP DAMNIT!!!!!

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Pierre had a good point. There is absolutely no structure or coaching on the pp. It's every man for himself. It was funny hearing how pissed Pierre sounded at how inept they were.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013
Pierre had a good point. There is absolutely no structure or coaching on the pp. It's every man for himself. It was funny hearing how pissed Pierre sounded at how inept they were.

Pierre had a good point? Listen to yourself.

Don't be so naive about the PP. Who gives a **** about Sully or Torts says. And for ****s sakes, Pierre saying it's every man for himself???? Some, if not most playoff power plays that dominate in the playoffs, are just INDIVIDUALS stepping up, working together, making a smart pass, and lighting the ****ing lamp..

**** the coaches, you are making this way too complicated...5v4 players need to find a way to score, period. It's the ****ing playoffs, 5b4 hockey, score a ****ing goal.

*Bob Richards*

Pierre had a good point? Listen to yourself.

Don't be so naive about the PP. Who gives a **** about Sully or Torts says. And for ****s sakes, Pierre saying it's every man for himself???? Some, if not most playoff power plays that dominate in the playoffs, are just INDIVIDUALS stepping up, working together, making a smart pass, and lighting the ****ing lamp..

**** the coaches, you are making this way too complicated...5v4 players need to find a way to score, period. It's the ****ing playoffs, 5b4 hockey, score a ****ing goal.

You've contradicted yourself right there. Pierre was animate and rightfully so. He was absolutely correct.

Also, your solution of "stop making it complicated and just score" is a bit bereft of anything tactical.

MustarddTiger

May 21, 2013
You've contradicted yourself right there. Pierre was animate and rightfully so. He was absolutely correct.

Also, your solution of "stop making it complicated and just score" is a bit bereft of anything tactical.

How is that me contradicting myself I don't understand haha...That's just supporting what I'm saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00