Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ MTL Oct 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Based on what? Because you say so? Like Callahan was being traded for a defenseman, because he is a forward?

If they can move Staal, and get a defenseman that fits Vigneault's system, there is no issue with that.

there are more variations in the forward position, for starters...

there's 4th line, 3rd line, then top 6. in each of those, you have a centerman, and 2 opposite sided wingers...

for defenseman, there is left and right... for each of those positions, there is offensive and defensive....

Forward for forward trades don't work the same way as defense for defense trades...

Stepanstones*

I swear it's the same ****ers who bash staal and when he plays up to his potential everyone's quit. You don't blame staal we scored one god damn goal open your eyes. Staal didn't cost us anything and I'm sure next game he will be fine as always.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
I swear it's the same ****ers who bash staal and when he plays up to his potential everyone's quit. You don't blame staal we scored one god damn goal open your eyes. Staal didn't cost us anything and I'm sure next game he will be fine as always.

Problem is that Staal playing 'up to his potential ' is becoming rarer and rarer. Steal didn't cost us anything? Did you not see that goal where he left Patches all alone while he got lost in Henriks piercing gaze?
I am not even upset with this loss honestly. Montreal is a cosmic mind screw for this team, and Price has our number there. Most of the Staal conversation has been focusing on not wanting to give a big contract to a player that is clearly not a top guy anymore. He will get a big contract from somebody based on who he was, I just don't think it's wise for the Rangers to be that team.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Don't have the time to read through this thread or get into any long discussions... But popped in to say:

Oof, some absolutely brutal decisions in that game. Overall besides those brain farts, not terrible. But the defense needs to shake the cobwebs out of their brains / really need some stability on that 2nd pairing once Boyle gets back. Hunwick's not bad, but let's hope having a stable pairing for Staal with Boyle will help.

Also, cuz it's become my running joke this season (not so much of a joke?), I'm here to point out:

Klein, yet again, had a game in which he had one of the higher corsis of any Rangers defenseman (tied for 3rd with McD) while having the single worst zone start % of any player (not just defenseman) on the team. What a terrible defenseman that Klein guy is, cuz corsi says.

Stepanstones*

Problem is that Staal playing 'up to his potential ' is becoming rarer and rarer. Steal didn't cost us anything? Did you not see that goal where he left Patches all alone while he got lost in Henriks piercing gaze?
I am not even upset with this loss honestly. Montreal is a cosmic mind screw for this team, and Price has our number there. Most of the Staal conversation has been focusing on not wanting to give a big contract to a player that is clearly not a top guy anymore. He will get a big contract from somebody based on who he was, I just don't think it's wise for the Rangers to be that team.

We lost 3-1 that goal was meaningless. We were outplayed the whole 3rd mainly cause the of all the dumb line changes made, did staal make a bad yes did he cost us the game No.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Andrei Markov is such a ****ing weasel.

It's just frustrating how hypocritical a lot of people are. That thread (before it was locked) was full of Habs fans calling for Kreider's head. Calling him a gutless puke and the dirtiest player in the league. Then, a poster says, hold the phone, Markov speared him in the nuts right before Kreider did it back. Loffen takes a screen grab and it's "Oh, he was clearly trying to hook him" or "Oh, it was the stick between the legs hinder". Meanwhile, which one of these guys has speared people in the nuts before?

Imagine if Kreider slewfooted Subban in front of Price yesterday what the main board would be like :shakehead

Good on Kreider for continuing to be a pain in the ass to play against and for all intents and purposes, keeping it clean until someone crosses the line before him.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
It's just frustrating how hypocritical a lot of people are. That thread (before it was locked) was full of Habs fans calling for Kreider's head. Calling him a gutless puke and the dirtiest player in the league. Then, a poster says, hold the phone, Markov speared him in the nuts right before Kreider did it back. Loffen takes a screen grab and it's "Oh, he was clearly trying to hook him" or "Oh, it was the stick between the legs hinder". Meanwhile, which one of these guys has speared people in the nuts before?

Imagine if Kreider slewfooted Subban in front of Price yesterday what the main board would be like :shakehead

Good on Kreider for continuing to be a pain in the ass to play against and for all intents and purposes, keeping it clean until someone crosses the line before him.

Slewfoots Subban who falls and injuries Price.

That would be an interesting thread. :laugh:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
What is with AV? It's pretty clear wat lines are working and wat aren't and still he seems to have zero hold on who to play with who.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
What is with AV? It's pretty clear wat lines are working and wat aren't and still he seems to have zero hold on who to play with who.

Prob trying a bunch of combos out so that he knows what he has. It is just game 8 afterall... bunch of injuries, new faces, etc.

Plenty of time to figure it out and when things happen later on, he has a book on what was good, bad and awful.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The biggest issue I had with the game was the constant forcing of passes into the middle of the ice when shooting it would've been a much better option. Stemp and Hayes did this multiple times last night, and it was infuriating.

We don't shoot enough to try to create rebounds and cause chaos in front of the opposing net. That's exactly what Montreal was doing and they were constantly forcing us to scramble in the defensive zone.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It's a mistake that AV goes into the season saying he needs 20 games to figure it out. That's a quarter of the season

Not that hard to figure out we should be filling the holes of what worked last yeAr

Brass and Zucc need size and net front presence ok put Kreider there

Hags moore and MSL played well together last year when we were short a center done

Duclair and nash chemistry all preseason Duclair 2 beautiful assists on nash goals to start yeAr put them together!

He's making things a lot harder then they need to be

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
All this criticism of Staal, but hardly any for McDonagh? Both guys had hiccups that led to goals last night. Both guys have been a little off at times to start the season. Neither have really provided much offensively. I understand the frustration with them right now. But when you look at how well they played at times during our playoff run last season, you gotta figure they'll break out at some point, especially McDonagh.

I'd like to see Staal jump into the rush more to be honest. I think that's the part of his game that's really disappeared since his injuries. He's a solid skater, has a good shot, just seems very hesitant to skate out of his zone.

I'm hoping the eventual return of Boyle and a contract settlement will stabilize him like it did Lundqvist last year. The man is a very important defensive cog on our team and would be very difficult to replace, arguably more than Callahan was. The problem with Cally was he priced himself out of favor. I fear a similar situation for Staal. This team is built from the goal out. If old Dan Boyle is your #3 defenseman and there's no serious defensive depth in the pipeline knocking on the door, you are not positioning yourself to go deep come spring.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's a mistake that AV goes into the season saying he needs 20 games to figure it out. That's a quarter of the season

Not that hard to figure out we should be filling the holes of what worked last yeAr

Hags moore and MSL played well together last year when we were short a center done

Duclair and nash chemistry all preseason Duclair 2 beautiful assists on nash goals to start yeAr put them together!

Agreed. Some of those line combos last night were completely ridiculous. You could see whatever the players had just fade away as they got put with increasingly odd linemates.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
It took everyone about a month to get to they're top playin ability.
If this is still is an issue when stepan comes back than that's another problem.

AHB*

AV is a pretty successful coach and did a great thing with this team last year. While a lot of us may disagree with what he does at points in the season, he seems to get his team going in the right direction eventually and it usually yields big results.

I see you continuously criticize him, which is fine, but acting like you know more then him is ludicrous. Everyone on here needs to calm down. The sky isn't falling. We're at 500 without our #1C and a Top 4 D. I'll take that all day long.

I also, unlike many, have complete faith that he and our other coaches will have this team performing at their highest level when it actually counts. If it takes a 20 game rough patch to get there, I'm completely fine with that.

And the Duke thing needs to chill out. His two "beautiful" assists are not relative to how the rest of his games were played on that line. Mostly invisible, with one of those assists coming when we were down by like 4.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
With Stepan out, Brian Boyle would be a huge help atm. His faceoffs and penalty kill experience would be a making a significant difference.

And Dan Boyle on the back end as a PP QB and having Hunwick on the bench wouldn't be significant? Our PP has been horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad