Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Maple Leafs - February 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
How would that work cap wise? Doesn't he make around 8 or 9 million?

Yeah, 8.25m.
According to generalfanager we have about 4.8m of pro rated space, so we'd have to send some salary back and get CAR to eat a fair chunk of it as well

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
They played well enough to win against Chicago but lost and played meh enough to lose this game but won so I'll just call it even and not worry too much.

JT Miller though... What a game.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Was anyone else expecting Zucc and Brass to just keep on passing to one another?!

:laugh:

This is the second time Zucc gives has an oppurtunity to score in an open net this season, and chooses to pass, so he could, and should have, had 22 goals now. First time to Stålberg in a early game this season, who missed. Fortunately this turned in to a goal. But looking at the replay, the pass to Brass just barely makes it past the Toronto player and could have turned in to a rush for Toronto.

IMO Zucc has to shoot in those situations, and I hope the coaching staff tells him to when they look at the video. Even if he would have missed the net, the puck would be dumped in the Toronto zone, with no risk for a turnover.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The bar I was at turned the game off with 7 minutes left to go in the 3rd. Sad I missed the crazy ending, happy they got 2 points.

Top 6 outside of Kreider have looked pretty damn good recently.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I will add a generic one liner this beautiful morning: 'Great win vs Leafs.' :)

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I only watched the highlights, but it looks like the refs in this game did an absolutely pitiful job.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
If the Babcock quote I read about not being sure the hit on McD was worth a suspension is right, it's really dissapointing from a coach of his stature. That's the kind of comment that make me lose respect for someone. If that was one of our players I would hope AV wouldn't try to justify it by the player being slighty crouched. At least not when the elbow come up and out from the body and hits nothing but the head. That kind of comment is disgusting to me, regardless of who makes them.

It was a pure headshot. The least you can do as the coach of the player who did it is to say that you didn't like that sort of play. To even try to put doubt or blame on the recipient in this situation is just being a ****ing lowlife. And I would say the same thing if the roles was reversed. I hope our organization is of a higher standard when one of our players makes an unfortunate hit.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Anyone have a video to the Ray Ferraro F-Bomb in the Leafs-Rangers game last night? Only video was taken down. Thanks.

Vickers8

Props to Kevin Klein one of the only guys on this team with any balls and with a broken thumb

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Props to Kevin Klein one of the only guys on this team with any balls and with a broken thumb

Absolutely!!! He could care less that he had a broken thumb. He went in to stick up for his captain without hesitation.

Vickers8

Absolutely!!! He could care less that he had a broken thumb. He went in to stick up for his captain without hesitation.

Everyone else just stood there KK went right after him from all the way across the ice

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Kreider had just gone off for Lindberg, otherwise he would have gone after Komarov no doubt.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Don't get why AV needed to move Zuke away from Stepan - top 6 worked so why mess with it? When Nash returns I hope he's paired with Brass and use Kreider for board play, create space and pick up dirty goals. With Miller-Step-Zuke on another line it will be defensive nightmare for opposition.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Did anyone really expect a good game on the second of back-to-backs after traveling to Toronto? The best teams in the league usually don't play all that well in that scenario. Particularly in first periods.

It's also not a shock that the best player didn't play the night before (Raanta). This is exactly how you expect a good team to win in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad