GDT-IMG-01-HEADER.png

tenor.gif

GDT-IMG-2-2.png

tenor.gif

GDT-IMG-3-TEAM-STATES.png

GDT-IMG-03.png

PRE-GAME QUOTES & CONTEXT

WANTING MORE FROM TROCHECK & PANARIN:

“MORE GOING DIRECT … NET DRIVE AND NOT JUST THE OUTSIDE PERIMETER … NOT AS MANY TURNOVERS”

COACH GALLANT

LAFRENIÈRE’S DEMOTION IN PRACTICE:

“I WANT HIM TO BE BETTER, OBVIOUSLY … HE’S GOT SOME CHANCES TO PLAY WITH GOOD PEOPLE AND HE’S PLAYED WELL AT TIMES, BUT IT’S INCONSISTENCY … SOMETIMES IT’S A WAKEUP CALL FOR THE KIDS … I WANT HIM TO BE BETTER … BUT HE’S NOT ALONE”

COACH GALLANT

THE STRUGGLING POWER-PLAY:

“(AGAINST WASHINGTON) WE WERE SLOPPY, AND IT’S NOT TOO OFTEN WE’RE SLOPPY. EVEN THE SHOTS THAT WERE GETTING THROUGH, THEY WEREN’T THREATS … YOU JUST CAN’T GO TO THE SAME TWO PLAYS ALL THE TIME & EXPECT THAT THEY’RE GONNA WORK”

COACH GALLANT

RESPONDING AFTER A TOUGH LOSS:

“WE WERE PLAYING GOOD HOCKEY BEFORE THAT BREAK, WE LAID AN EGG AGAINST A GOOD TEAM, IT HAPPENS, BUT I THINK WE’VE DONE A GOOD JOB RESPONDING RECENTLY, WE’RE PLAYING A COUPLE GOOD TEAMS HERE, SO OBVIOUSLY A GOOD RESPONSE IS NEEDED”

ADAM FOX

RESPONDING AFTER A TOUGH LOSS VOL. 2:

“YOU’RE GONNA HAVE, UH, YOU’RE GONNA HAVE GAMES LIKE THAT THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, UM, (SNIFFLE) JUST HAPPENED TO BE AFTER A BREAK. I DON’T THINK THAT HAD-UH TOO MUCH TO DO WITH IT, UH, WE KNOW WE CAN PLAY BETTER HOCKEY. WE’VE PLAYED PRETTY GOOD HOCKEY OVER THE LAST 10, 11 GAMES AS A WHOLE. SO, UH, JUST GET BACK TO IT, AND MAKE SURE IT’S UH (INAUDIBLE)”

JACOB TROUBA

tenor.gif

RANGERS IN THEIR BLUESHIRTS - LIGHTNING IN THEIR REVERSE RETRO 2.0

LGR!

Shoutout to @Leonardo87 🍕

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't really get too upset about Laf being scratched, he has been poor. But if he's getting scratched for Blais, that's the issue. Blais is actively hurting the team.

Reactions: BKGooner and Cmox

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Imagine being so f***ing stupid that you scratch Lafreniere for Sammy f***ing Blais.

f*** the taxi, make him walk to the airport

Imagine thinking that they are scratching Lafreniere because they desperately want to get Blais in the lineup and not because they weren't happy with his game lately and think having him watch one might help.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don't really get too upset about Laf being scratched, he has been poor. But if he's getting scratched for Blais, that's the issue. Blais is actively hurting the team.

I rewatched last game and Laf was far from the worst player on the ice, he was likely middle of the pack, what message is this sending? Kids you have to be better, old guys do whatever you want you're spot is secure. I don't mind them scratching him but really pick a game where everyone on the team wasnt garbage to do it. This just creates an unnecessary divide. If you wanna send a message plant Kreider, then everyone is on alert.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Why are the Rangers always on a trip to Florida for NYE?

Kinda always felt like Sather is in the leagues ear about having it that way, or something along those lines.

Oddly coincidental

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I rewatched last game and Laf was far from the worst player on the ice, he was likely middle of the pack, what message is this sending? Kids you have to be better, old guys do whatever you want you're spot is secure. I don't mind them scratching him but really pick a game where everyone on the team wasnt garbage to do it. This just creates an unnecessary divide. If you wanna send a message plant Kreider, then everyone is on alert.
Yeah I'm with you. Not the way I would've done it. But it doesn't come as a surprise after seeing how GG has treated Kakko and Kravtsov.

Reactions: Shesterkybomb

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
It really is difficult to know how Laffy is carry himself etc around the team ..this is more than playing bad the last game.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
We probably win today cause that’s what happens when GG makes a terrible decision. Win battles. Lose wars. At least Blais will likely score 3. That’s gonna help us out long term.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
We dont know if the coaching staff/Gallant has asked him to do certain things or if there was a specific moment or two that he didnt execute that was a big sticking point in the video room.

That being said, the optics arent good from the fans perspective. Same when Kakko was scratched in the playoffs, for literally no reason given. Although in this instance, its a little easier to see.

I'm sure Laf will even admit he hasnt been great. It will likely be one game and we will see a PO'd Laffy against the Cats on Sunday

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It really is difficult to know how Laffy is carry himself etc around the team ..this is more than playing bad the last game.
From all accounts he's a joy to be around, can't see him being an issue in that way, if he's not doing what they ask at practice thats different i guess but i doubt that as well. The way the young forwards are being handled has me looking for Yellow Cabs number

Reactions: cheech70

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad