Post-Game Talk: Rangers Kings game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Aside from Hank I don't think anyone else is left over from the series against Buffalo, But anyway. We were down 2-0, came home and tied it up ALMOST had em too. We're coming home and playing well. This is far from done.
Did it last year against Washington too.

Pittsburgh and Boston both won cups after being down 0-2 within the last 5 years.

It's doable, but the margin for error is now very slim.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I post to some who I disagree with. The immature ones then throw hissy fits. I have agreed with a few posters in this thread, but not the ones who can't see past their own anger and who fail to see shortcomings of Rangers when they are pretty obvious.

I don't have time to go through the thread 'cuz i'm on the run, but I think you're wrong about this one. Yes, obviously the team has shortcomings. Yes, obviously the team ****ed up on the Gaborik goal...

...but the Kings are a very good team. I think Quick is overrated but besides that the Kings are very, very good. They can score and play D with the best, and we've seen that. Having a 4-2 lead literally stolen 2 minutes into the 3rd period is absolutely crushing, considering the Rangers had controlled play the entire game up until that. It IS too much to expect the team to overcome the Kings AND the referees.

If it was a 4-4 game in regulation and the refs missed a delay of game, i'd agree with you about having to blame the team. Refs **** up, sure.

But considering we're in this series largely because of our future HoF goaltender who is playing very well this series, who very likely would have made that routine save if he could move to the side, this goes beyond the Rangers ******** the bed.

That game should've ended 4-3 in regulation. And this isn't the regular season, where atrocious calls will even out over a season. O'Halloran **** the bed on the biggest stage in the sport and he should be ashamed.

Wolfy*

Scary part is Richards is even worse at MSG lololol

The whole team has been better on the road :help:

But we still got one thing, our ability to win playoff games when it's do or die. Not there yet in game 3, but it's damn close.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
How do you do it?

I am in full panic mode after those 2 losses

The Rangers played like dog **** in game 1 and still got to OT. Last night, it took two very lucky bounces, two deflected point shots, and an absolute sham of a call to beat us.

The bounces that the Kings are getting are not sustainable at all. Make home ice advantage what it is and this is still a series. I'll hit the panic button when we lose at home.

Water1

May 4, 2013
The whole team has been better on the road :help:

But we still got one thing, our ability to win playoff games when it's do or die. Not there yet in game 3, but it's damn close.

I agree that it is damn close, Rangers need to an angry team, smart team and determined not to let this happen again.
This experience is invaluable to a good young team. Hopefully we will be deep in the playoffs for years to come.
2-0 has been overcome before, history has been made
Rangers in six

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Nash does some good things, but he's a shell of who he used to be. He doesn't even have those quick flashes of skill like we saw from him last year. He doesn't dangle anymore, he doesn't play like the Rick Nash we used to watch in Columbus and even his first year here.

Richards is gone after the season, and that's perfectly fine, but Nash needs to be better. Plain and simple. He not only gets outscored by our 4th line guys, but he's not even as good as them. With his contract, he needs to be a whole lot better.

Yup. What happens to these 2 guys after this season isn't a concern til July. For now, it would be nice for them both to earn their keep and help this team win. Nash was brought here to score goals. So score goals. Richards was brought here to improve the PP. So improve the powerplay. Easier said than done, I know.....

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
King is headed towards the slot. McD pushes him TOWARDS the goal line. The momentum carries him into Hank's path. Not a thing he could have done to avoid the contact. I know a thing or two about skating. Seems you don't, at all.

Last time I checked, that's the definition of incidental contact where no penalty is called but the goal doesn't count.

Cake or Death

You need more exclamation points or you could try all caps.

Do you truly believe that the Rangers deserved to win that game? If they blew 4 two goal leads, would they still deserve it? 5?

Why aren't you angry at your team? I'm angry at them.

I have a hard time saying they blew the last two goal lead when the Kings took till the 5th period of the game to score their 4th legitimate goal. Regarding the bold, the team played their ***** off and did the best they could. Being mad at them is a somewhat arrogant position to adopt from someone watching from the sidelines.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

tbonenc*

I fully expect the Rangers to come out flying tomorrow night. They should be pissed off and fighting for their lives.

If they come out and lay and egg, there should be some major changes in the off season and I'm not just talking about Richards.

The teams weakness has clearly been the lack of finish and we need more players that can finish and grind out the greasy goals.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I fully expect the Rangers to come out flying tomorrow night. They should be pissed off and fighting for their lives.

If they come out and lay and egg, there should be some major changes in the off season and I'm not just talking about Richards.

The teams weakness has clearly been the lack of finish and we need more players that can finish and grind out the greasy goals.

Lack of coming out strong has not been an issue for this team in this series. I don't expect it to be one in games 3 through 6 either ;)

It's a lack of consistent execution in their own end, and LA's incredible ability to finish opportunities that they are given by our dmen and forwards in our own zone.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Did it last year against Washington too.

Pittsburgh and Boston both won cups after being down 0-2 within the last 5 years.

It's doable, but the margin for error is now very slim.

Rangers are in deep sh** with this officiating crew. I didn't see any blatant botched calls against those teams.

Last edited:

ReolverHF

May 22, 2014

I think that has been the problem with the Rangers since the 04-05 lockout. They don't have that killer instinct. Always a shortcoming. They have assembled decent teams on paper, but the guys getting paid the big bucks to polish off games decide to ride the backseat after they ink their name on their bloated, undeserved contracts.

I'm begging them to come out tomorrow night and make me eat my words. I'm just so upset from last night's meltdown and tired of hearing them stating the problems with the team and then continue to do the same stupid ****. They say they need to get pucks on net, what do they do the following game? Pass, pass, pass, pass....never shoot and crash the net.

AHHH! Want to scream.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Canucks fan telling me AV and O'Halloran have a bad relationship from AV's time in Vancouver.

Then O'mor*n had no business officiating this series with known bad relationship with AV. SO much for fairness with this league.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The biggest concern to me is we haven't been behind yet. We are due to be behind, and we never come back when losing in a game.

Of course we rarely blow leads too and there they went.

No matter what happens during Game 3, We're down 2-0 and blew 2-0 leads in the first two games will come to mind.

*Bob Richards*

This team looks so jittery at home though, it's hard to be confident about winning 2 at MSG.

But this team could never beat the Pens. We did. We never came back from 3-1. We did. We never win a Game 2. We did. Maybe all this means nothing but this team seems to have exorcised some demons this post season. I believe they can do this. It won't be easy AT ALL and the margin for error is shrinking rapidly but we can do this.

More demons to slay...bring 'em on...the joy of victory will be that much sweeter.

This.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Defend home ice. These are the games you are supposed to win. LA has played bad hockey, you can't pull a rabbit out of your ass every single time. Make it bite them for the rest of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad