Post-Game Talk: Rangers Kings game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
AV said the Rangers need to hold serve. He made that comment after arriving here this afternoon. The Kings have played a lot of hockey. Darryl Sutter seemed concerned about the number of minutes some of his players have played in this series plus in the previous series. The Rangers need to hold serve and prolong the series. Pittsburgh in 2009 lost the first two in Detroit and won in 7 games. Boston lost the first two in Vancouver and won in 7 games. Vigneault was on the other side in 2011. Rome concussed Horton in game 3 and Boston had all of the momentum. Brass and Zuccarello played their best game in a long time. The fourth line was effective. Kreider was a beast. He needs to play that way every game. The D was better with Moore. Too many people think the series is over already. Henrik needs to channel Patrick Roy who said "no more rats" when the Avalanche played Florida in 1996. Florida didn't score another goal in the series. Hold serve.

Excellent post! I agree!

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
I agree with RangerBoy, other than the comment about John Moore improving the defense. He made some huge mistakes in the defensive zone (though he did look good in the offensive zone).

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I agree with RangerBoy, other than the comment about John Moore improving the defense. He made some huge mistakes in the defensive zone (though he did look good in the offensive zone).

So did every defensman not named Stralman last night.

It was a complete **** show in our own end, overshawdoed by two egregious non-calls by the referees and linsemen.

(please don't take this post the wrong way, I am one of the few remaining optimistic ones... until/if we lose on Garden ice)

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
O'Halloran is the worst ref in this league.

The non call was bad. His explanation was atrocious. He thought that the contact was made after the pick was in the net. That sounds like he is trying to make excuses for a blown call.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The non call was bad. His explanation was atrocious. He thought that the contact was made after the pick was in the net. That sounds like he is trying to make excuses for a blown call.

I didn't think he was the guy being touted as the worst ref in the league when the Rangers played Montreal. Am I wrong? Are there two worst?

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
I hope the kings are buying into the media claiming that the series is over because it is not! If we can get it back to 2-2, we have a good shot at winning this thing

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
AV said the Rangers need to hold serve. He made that comment after arriving here this afternoon. The Kings have played a lot of hockey. Darryl Sutter seemed concerned about the number of minutes some of his players have played in this series plus in the previous series. The Rangers need to hold serve and prolong the series. Pittsburgh in 2009 lost the first two in Detroit and won in 7 games. Boston lost the first two in Vancouver and won in 7 games. Vigneault was on the other side in 2011. Rome concussed Horton in game 3 and Boston had all of the momentum. Brass and Zuccarello played their best game in a long time. The fourth line was effective. Kreider was a beast. He needs to play that way every game. The D was better with Moore. Too many people think the series is over already. Henrik needs to channel Patrick Roy who said "no more rats" when the Avalanche played Florida in 1996. Florida didn't score another goal in the series. Hold serve.

Preach on, RB.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Kings fan here in peace. I've seen some bad calls before but that no call on interference was pretty nuts. I think maybe it wasn't that the refs didn't see it but maybe they allowed it because a ranger defenseman was arguably pushing Dwight King into Quist. Even so, shouldn't have been a goal.

Class. Thanks for your honesty.

jgimb

Dec 28, 2012
just feel gutted... We played a good game, yes we were sloppy.. but we still played a good overall game.. We scored 4 ****ing goals! We created more turnovers than we had given up ourselves. We played good enough to win, and should have. The fact of the matter is that we lost the game due to human error, and some issues with the rule. That goal had a major swing on the game, what should have been a two minute penalty and/or no goal at the very least changes that game. We had total control. No there is no conspiracy garbage going on, just a total gaffe by the official. It had a direct impact on the game and that is opposite of what is expected of officials.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Los Angeles Kings, who according to coach Darryl Sutter may be tired, who aren’t exactly executing, have a two-game lead heading into Monday night’s Game 3 at Madison Square Garden.

Jarret Stoll, the very smart Kings player, is not just intelligent in the manner in which he plays: He’s bright off the ice and worried about his team with a two-game lead.

He probably has reason to be worried.

“Are we playing good or are we not?†asked Stoll, knowing the answer as he spoke. “Right now we’re doing a lot of things that aren’t in our game, haven’t been in our game for years here. We’re getting away with it I think right now.

And how close was Game 2, controversial goal aside?

There were 110 faceoffs, Los Angeles won 56, Rangers won 54.

There were 101 hits, New York with 51, Kings with 50.

There were 40 blocked shots, 20 for each team.

And the puck possession game Los Angeles is so famous and adept at has only been evident on occasion — but certainly not in any consistent way.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/08/kings-cant-be-satisfied

MSG had those numbers last night on their show.

Boston lost 1-0 in game one and 3-2 in OT in game 2 in the 2011 finals. VAN won game one at 19:41 of the 3rd on a goal by Raffi Torres. Boston was up 2-1 until midway through the 3rd period. VAN won game two 11 seconds into OT. Burrows scored. It was that around wrap goal misplayed by Thomas.

Tough losses just like the Rangers. Boston battled back to win the series. They were not playing poorly. Probably deserved a better fate like the Rangers.

Rangers skate at 10:30 this morning. They have a team meeting about 1-1 1/2 hour before the skate.

gartner2012

May 5, 2012
am i the only one who gets bothered by people saying "oh well a real championship team doesnt get bothered by bad calls, they play through it and overcome it." im not trying to debate this assertion, might be trie might not be, my issue is with people who say this they try to hold the players accountable for doing their jobs and getting the win, but when do we hold the refs accountable for getting the calls right and not influencing the outcome directly? the refs were bad all around (the nash flop was an embarrassing call) and i dont get why the refs arent held to a performance standard like the players are. why not criticize the refs for freezing up and choking in a big spot, the nhl cant let officiating like this happen when the league is center stage.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I would be pissed if the Rangers sulked and lost the game because of it. They didn't, that game was just a series of unfortunate events. Some of the weirdest hockey I have ever seen. Again, it didn't bother them from a psychological standpoint, other than to give the Kings life. So far everything has been working perfectly in the Kings favor, it's kind of freaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad