Speculation: Rangers Interested in D Ben Hutton

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If they are actually interested in him, this feels like a “hey, here’s $800k-1m to come hangout and maybe play 20-40 games this year as the #7” thing

this is without question what it is...although we don't have 800k to give him right now...and maybe its to be a #8

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
hutton ?

i mean why ?

hes not better than anyone else we could roll out there.

hajek and rykov should get their kick at the can.

you aren't going to sit kids like that in the press box...hajek and rykov should be fighting for the 3LD spot in the lineup. a guy like hutton would be in the press box in the scenario where those 2 and/or fox aren't ready and smith has to play. he wouldn't block any kid

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
and not that we need more depth in hartford right now...but just noting that for dmen under contract with rangers, there is no one with nhl experience and no vets that you could call up to be a spare. raddysh would probably be the guy but he's only 23 so he's still a kid

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He's not a good player imo. I understand the need for depth. Especially if the kids are overmatched.

But a PTO would be more appropriate than a contract with Hutton.

Reactions: haveandare

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Holy **** he's that old? Holy ****, I'm that old?

Holy ****, how do I get into an EHM league? Miss me those.

TBL 2018-2019 rosters. Subscribe — they’re quite good. Actually up drafting Hughes AND Kakko once, with Nylander, Matthews, Panarin and Laine with the big boys.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I signed him to a one year deal and traded him for a 1st round pick at the deadline. I'd be game for that.

The game is surprisingly realistic. Panarin opts for UFA every time he gets the chance in my games.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
TBL 2018-2019 rosters. Subscribe — they’re quite good. Actually up drafting Hughes AND Kakko once, with Nylander, Matthews, Panarin and Laine with the big boys.
Wait where is this available? I didn’t know there was anywhere worthwhile for updates rosters. Would absolutely break out the ole EHM and lose a weekend of my time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No he's not. He's a perfectly serviceable bottom pairing guy. The problem is that he was playing 25-30 minutes a night in Vancouver, way over his head, but that wasn't his fault.
Not really. Alex Edler swallows the hard usage on Vancouver.

Usage is important, but my issue with usage is that there's always an assumption that a trash player has some sort of usage explanation. Sometimes, they're just trash.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Let's get ourselves into a mid term bloated contract on an incomplete D right after we had to make the hardest decision of this rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad