Rumor: Rangers interested in bringing Grabner back

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Not opposed as a 3rd or 4th liner, just not a lot of room especially with these young guys coming up now.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Of course they're interested. Twenty goals and a free 2nd rounder at the deadline.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Grabner worked out well here. Since his game is not really based on anyone but him, I would take him back. Lets do one year deals with the agreement to trade him if we aren't in the playoff picture to someone who is.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That we...essentially surrendered to move up 4 spots. Sigh :(
Didn't you take K'Andre Miller with that pick though? He's a pretty stellar defensive prospect.

Mind you, Ottawa may have gotten a defensive pairing with those two picks in JBD and Tychonick, but you guys still got the better prospect.

That Lindbom pick though....

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Not opposed as a 3rd or 4th liner, just not a lot of room especially with these young guys coming up now.
He's not a bad guy to have around. I mean you take one look at the guy and hes a physical monster. If you want to aspire to beat a 3-4th liner out of his position, seeing that guy makes you know you better hit the gym early and often. There's alot of talk about learning from guys but part of it is keeping the bar pretty high. With Grabner, you have guys knowing that they'd better work on their skating and need to be in shape or else the 30 something guy is going to be living their life and taking their ice time.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It's no secret they want him back and he wants to come back. A rebuild doesn't mean go with all 18 and 19 year olds, that's not good for any team. He had some chemistry with Hayes and Fast. He can be a veteran and a leader during the transition to a new core, and if he only performs for AV who doesn't look to be coaching this year and may not coach again (game is changing I don't know if his philosophy will work) he may as well jus hang 'em up lol.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Rangers did him a solid and traded him to a team where he wouldn’t have to move. Some good will so he’d re sign with them in the off season, I imagine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad