Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - March 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
the great goalies are judged both by stats and the hardware on their mantle.

richter has one.

will henrik get his ?

Probably not, but he will still go down as the greatest Rangers goaltender to ever wear the sweater. So how's that for Richter and his hardware?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Probably not, but he will still go down as the greatest Rangers goaltender to ever wear the sweater. So how's that for Richter and his hardware?

im not arguing with you.

I'm nearly stating facts and asking a question.

can he be considered one of the best of all time without a stanley cup ?

he certainly has been the best I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Honestly...I think if Henrik was on that 1994 team, the Rangers woulda won it waaaay easier than they did. Richter gave up some bad bad goals in that playoffs. Sure he made some big stops...the Bure penalty shot immediately comes to mind...but Henrik makes those stops all the time and nobody says diddly. Henrik is the greatest goalie in Rangers history, and TBH I think he deserves to be in the conversation for greatest goalies of all time.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Im sure Richter and his hardware are quite content, not that it matters ine way or another

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Honestly...I think if Henrik was on that 1994 team, the Rangers woulda won it waaaay easier than they did. Richter gave up some bad bad goals in that playoffs. Sure he made some big stops...the Bure penalty shot immediately comes to mind...but Henrik makes those stops all the time and nobody says diddly. Henrik is the greatest goalie in Rangers history, and TBH I think he deserves to be in the conversation for greatest goalies of all time.

there are many examples of middling goalies who have a cup win. having a cup isn't the only qualifier.

however, imo, being in the convo for best of all time, and not having a cup, is difficult for me to come to terms with.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
there are many examples of middling goalies who have a cup win. having a cup isn't the only qualifier.

however, imo, being in the convo for best of all time, and not having a cup, is difficult for me to come to terms with.

Thats insane. As if Henrik has any control over the entire defense being injured and our top scoring forward being hit in the head with the puck. As if he has any ability to stop Dan Girardi from giving games away in the SCF with idiotic turnovers.

winning a cup is seldom about the goalie..frankly I think Henrik deserved consideration as being the Conn Smythe winner in those playoffs.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
the great goalies are judged both by stats and the hardware on their mantle.

richter has one.

will henrik get his ?

brodeur

4 vezies.

3 cups.

Nobody thinks any less of Marcel Dionne, or Alex Ovechkin, or Jeremy Roenick, or Rod Gilbert, Jean Ratelle, Brad Park etc...

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Very curious...

Would you consider Ted Williams, Dan Marino, Barry Bonds, and Pavel Bure's careers tainted because they didn't win a championship on team sports?

you know what nev, thats a good question. I'm not sure. certainly they are all great talents but none of them have won a championship.

as a past player and coach and the father of a kid who played juniors, i have feelings about this game from more than just a fan perspective.

playing goal in hockey at any level, be it major junior, ncaa, for your country in international play and certainly in the nhl, is one of the toughest jobs in sports. period.

hank has had so much success.

vezina
gold medal
3 time allstar

but without that stanley cup, he will forever be viewed as the best goaltender never to win a cup.

that would be sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad