Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - January 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

Good game!
Only complaint I really have must be that Nash is back with Brass and Zucc. Don't like that, need more of a board player on that line.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I liked his speed. He fits the 4th line well actually.

What I was really pissed about was AV putting out Glass-Brass-Zuccarello... if Gorton wants to win, he needs to send AV's pet ****ing rock down to the minors. I'm sick of the favoritism. If that's how this coach wants to play, then you have to take the toys away from him.

That's really my only complaint. Girardi actually looked okay for once, but I still like McDonagh-Klein and Yandle-McIlrath better...

Staal was meh, but he wasn't as bad as I expected.

On the bright side, Carolina is a hot team, so beating them is pretty huge

I think AV was just throwing someone out there with Brass-Zucc with Nash out. He even threw Paille out there with them. I'm guessing he didn't want to break up the second or third lines, which were doing pretty well, so the fourth line was open to be moved a bit.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
McDonagh was starting to show signs of improvement about a month ago but after All-Star selection he really took off and has been playing as good as any top shelf NHL defenseman.

Vickers8

McDonagh was starting to show signs of improvement about a month ago but after All-Star selection he really took off and has been playing as good as any top shelf NHL defenseman.

Good sign for us, he was very good last night

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

The captain's play has been great lately and he looks to be getting back to what we initially saw in him but also adding that newer offensive potential and the confidence to skate with the puck more and make plays happen.

Miller has been one of the team's best forwards over the last two months or so and you can see his confidence building and realizing he can, not only play but, score in this league. He's still only 22 and his progression continues.

Everyone looked pretty good last couple of games but it's against garbage teams. Hopefully they can use these teams to gain some confidence so our boys don't look like an AHL squad out there against the big boys.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
JT Miller is on pace for a 21-21 season, very similar production to what a 22 year old Dubinsky gave us

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Good game!
Only complaint I really have must be that Nash is back with Brass and Zucc. Don't like that, need more of a board player on that line.

So many fans see that. The media sees that. I actually felt like Zooks and Nash played better with Hayes in the middle while Brass sat and Hayes is not a typical grinder.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I don`t like Nash on PK - we can't afford it if he get injured when he block shots.
Nash need to start focus on his offensive part of the game. And I felt that the Brassard line was invisible the entire game and had issues to create good quality chances.

JT. Miller with another great game with Fast & Stepan.
Jesper Fast has improved his game recently - look much more dangerous out there and had a good assist to Miller.

I've been saying this for a long time now!

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Everyone looked pretty good last couple of games but it's against garbage teams. Hopefully they can use these teams to gain some confidence so our boys don't look like an AHL squad out there against the big boys.

That's better than looking like garbage against garbage teams. It does give them confidence, regardless. Let's see how this all plays out in the long term. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad