Confirmed with Link: Rangers have reached contract agreement with Pavel Buchnevich

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
When Jagr came to America in 1990. He knew no English. Nothing. Craig Patrick made a trade with the Flames for Jiri Hrdina who was an older Czech player. He helped Jagr assimilate to Murica.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Doesn't Valiquette speak Russian, at least more than Kreider ever did? Can we have him help out Buch in some manner?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Can't wait until he's scratched for Glass.

Can't wait.

giphy.gif

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Its great that he plans on coming to NY this summer to get used to day to day life, I wonder if he brings a family member with him.

I wonder if the organization has anyone from Russia that works for them. Even if they acquire a player from Russia to help with the in-season stuff, that guy wont be around until training camp.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Hopefully everyone is being realistic with Buch. Panarin was an aberration. For the most part, the KHL guys need a season to adjust.

Kuznetsov 80GP, 11G, 26A
2nd year 82GP, 20G, 57A

Kucherov 52GP, 9G, 9A
2nd year 82GP, 28G, 36A

Tarasenko 38GP, 8G, 11A
2nd year - 64GP, 21G, 22A

I'm really hoping not to read about how he sucks if he doesn't go 20g/20a in his first year.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Honestly so excited for this kid! Hope we get someone to help him assimilate.. I know kreider speaks Russian but I want buch to get friends that give the same effort for all 82.. Don't want him to come over and think he can float around for like 50 games and turn it on for 32

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I keep hearing things like "comparable numbers to Tarasenko and Panarin in the same league at the same age" etc. etc.

Does anyone actually have those stats?

Here's a pretty basic chart showing their developments. He's more in line with Panarin

Also Kreider does not know Russian that well. They need a translator of some sort, not Kreider.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Here's a pretty basic chart showing their developments. He's more in line with Panarin

Also Kreider does not know Russian that well. They need a translator of some sort, not Kreider.

ok, where does the chart take into account the fact that Panarin played the entire season with the MVP of the league?

Can we please not but ourselves in a position to be disappointed if the guy doesnt have 60 points?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
There's a big difference in knowing some russian, and understanding the transition.

Kreider knows ****all what it will be like moving from Russia to the US at a young age.

It's language, but it's culture, schedule, travel, etc.

Would be nice to have another Russian player with experience. Im sure there's someone that take Glass' spot. Literally anyone.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Yet another reason why they shouldn't have traded AA. I really can't understand why a professional sports team doesn't have at least one psychic on their payroll.

Maybe we could bring Kasparitis back?

Perhaps it's just a domino in the grand scheme of trading Lundqvist and acquiring Khudobin.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Would have been interesting to see what his stats this year would have been like if he had stayed with his original team and continued getting more icetime, etc.

At any rate, yeah I wouldn't expect him to be the next Russian superstar like Tarasenko, Kuzetsov, etc, but I can see him eventually being a creative 60-ish point guy, which is a 1st line forward

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Great!

Honestly so excited for this kid! Hope we get someone to help him assimilate.. I know kreider speaks Russian but I want buch to get friends that give the same effort for all 82.. Don't want him to come over and think he can float around for like 50 games and turn it on for 32

Yeah, but the problem is who? There aren't that many Russians in the NHL anymore. Only 36 last year.

Nikitin, Medvedev, and Tikhonov are the only UFAs. Unless we bring someone in from the KHL.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Fantastic news.

Now for some UDFA signings, and then trades, please. This organzation needs an IV for the amount of fresh blood required.

Moving Nash and Staal should bring back a couple of young players and some early round picks. All three of Skjei, McIlrath and Buch should be fully integrated this season.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
ok, where does the chart take into account the fact that Panarin played the entire season with the MVP of the league?

Can we please not but ourselves in a position to be disappointed if the guy doesnt have 60 points?

Did I say he was going to put up 60 points? LOL

I'm not one of the people expecting Buchnevich to put up a huge amount his first year. The guy wanted to know where the comparisons to Panarin and Tarasenko came from, and I showed him

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I don't think that's what people are trying to say (that he'll jump in and be as good as Panarin...Panarin was older when he came over and if anything I would say that graph shows Buchnevich will need more adjusting time)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
A 3-year deal for a player who hasn't played a game in the NHL? This organization, man.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
The best part of this is that I don't have to see that guy with Buch as his username complain about him not being signed every other day. :laugh:

Good first step. Still quite a few to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln