Proposal: Rangers - Golden Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Cap is important, it = flexibility w/roster mgmt.
Shattenkirk is finally recovering from injury, should not have been rushed back. He took less to come here, both term + $. If he regresses, he may retire and take consulting gig w/team. Similar for longtime Ranger Marc Staal, whose $ is cheap to buyout next year, but if he legit is pushing the end, may help us by hanging up skates, and also taking a post career gig.

However, Brendan Smith, while playing better of late, can only be relied on for toughness, otherwise he is a 3rd pair / 7th lefty who can play RD, is not the same cut. We should not have listened to the win now crowd and traded a 2nd and 3rd for him, let alone extended him. I’d like to see if he can move him, if I can live with the price.

Zuc is in high demand; a 1st +, more if retained.
Vegas is interested, and Reilly Smith, Brendan’s brother, has an ‘A’ and that is a reasonable basis to expect Brendan will play fully motivated the last balance of his term.

My offer:
to Vegas, Zuc at half = 2.25 expiring, and Brendan Smith, full pop 4.35 x 3, total 5.6
and no 1st required
instead
the three 2019 3rds LV has, AND the three 2020 2nd it also has
plus
Lindberg 1.7 expiring + Pirri .650 expiring + Carpenter .650 expiring + Carr .750 expiring, total = 3.75
Cap dif is 1.85 which LV eats as part of the deal

Rangers take a hit on the late 1st + they would otherwise get, but the six lesser picks could help GMJG catch up on depth, plus the cap relief, and addition by subtraction, moving Smith

Golden Knights may get something out of Brendan, but obviously, the prize is Zuc at half and no high pick or prospect. Thoughts?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So Vegas gives up 6 picks?

3 second rounders
And 3 third rounders
Plus 4 players who can play a part of the bottom 6.

For a really good player in zuccarelo. And a complete cap dump in smith.

Doesn't seem like a reasonable deal at all for Vegas.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Ohhh another horrifying proposal from Bern that’s 1000% unrealistic and makes no sense!!!

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad