GDT: Rangers @ Flyers II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This team is a cruel ****ing joke. Great names, great expectations and they don't give a ****. If it were up to me every player but Lundqvist would ****ing get kicked out of the league for that effort today and the effort so far this season. This team is garbage, absolute garbage. I long for the pre-lockout years. At least then they weren't considered a cup contender. What a joke.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
angry-man_o_GIFSoup_com.gif

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
like i've been saying for years, this team plays with no instinct or "feel". It's not work ethic, they are a hard working team, it's no discipline, they are very disciplined, in fact maybe to a detriment. torts has everyone played so scared of making a mistake they often play very stupid with their chipouts and breakouts as well as their dumps. they have it so ingrained in their head get the puck up the ice, get the puck deep, they often forgo the short pass up the ice to a team mate to sustain a breakout or offensive zone entry in favor of a chip or dump which just turns it over. they give the puck away freely, they play so scared they avoid the sometimes necessary risky neutral zone passes to maintain puck possession.

the lack of creativity and often robotic puck movement and set plays in the offensive zone (the few times they are able to maintain puck possession), become to telegraphed and predictable that defenses adjust so easily, often forcing richards or someone to force a home run pass that just turns the puck over. even with the success last year this was very apparent, the offensive troubles will continue this season even with the addition of nash.

i think torts has to loosen the strings a little and let them play a more open style, i believe they do have the skill level they didn't use to have to employ more of a puck possession instinctive game, rather than the robotic get the puck deep, do not turn the puck over in the neutral zone or blue line no matter what mentality.

Well said, and the reason this team will never be as successful as they should be.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
This team is a cruel ****ing joke. Great names, great expectations and they don't give a ****. If it were up to me every player but Lundqvist would ****ing get kicked out of the league for that effort today and the effort so far this season. This team is garbage, absolute garbage. I long for the pre-lockout years. At least then they weren't considered a cup contender. What a joke.

After all the **** you talked about Lundqvist just yesterday, now you're willing to spare him? :laugh:

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think Micheletti is right. Teams playing in the second game of back-to-backs are at a bigger disadvantage this season than in others. One week training camp. A lot of the players didn't play anywhere during the lockout. They're not in shape. That was a very physical game last night. The Rangers looked gassed from the minute the game started.

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
Ladies and Gentlemen, the New York Pyatt-Nash-Lundqvistes.

Because really, the rest of them aren't there.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
tired my ass. WHo isn't tired? You push, you battle. It's a ****ing sport. No excuses.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Man I wouldn't want to be in Tortorellas practice tomorrow!

Yeah, I'm not so sure I would want to hear a hour of four letter words being thrown around like candy on Halloween either. Especially when nothing of actual substance will be worked on, like the power play, breakouts, forechecking, defensemen holding the puck in at the point, etc.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Wow - Rangers play the next night after a big win and almost pull it out with talent alone and they suck?
The Rangers are really, really good. They will be just fine - they are out of shape and playing the 2nd game of a back to back against a rested Flyers team that hasn't won a game yet and is absolutely desperate with a bunch of young call-ups trying to impress at the NHL level...

Now the Mets suck - that much is true.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
All thats missing is holik, skrudland, kamensky and bruce driver and the cup is ours.

Brian Boyle has 0 skill. I mean 0.

What a roster.. uff. Arty, Prust and Dubi are missed... Heck, even Mitchell!

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County

wow - not sure what else to say

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
All thats missing is holik, skrudland, kamensky and bruce driver and the cup is ours.

Brian Boyle has 0 skill. I mean 0.

What a roster.. uff. Arty, Prust and Dubi are missed... Heck, even Mitchell!

Just add Mike Keane and the Cup is definetly being skated at the Garden!

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
like i've been saying for years, this team plays with no instinct or "feel". It's not work ethic, they are a hard working team, it's no discipline, they are very disciplined, in fact maybe to a detriment. torts has everyone played so scared of making a mistake they often play very stupid with their chipouts and breakouts as well as their dumps. they have it so ingrained in their head get the puck up the ice, get the puck deep, they often forgo the short pass up the ice to a team mate to sustain a breakout or offensive zone entry in favor of a chip or dump which just turns it over. they give the puck away freely, they play so scared they avoid the sometimes necessary risky neutral zone passes to maintain puck possession.

the lack of creativity and often robotic puck movement and set plays in the offensive zone (the few times they are able to maintain puck possession), become to telegraphed and predictable that defenses adjust so easily, often forcing richards or someone to force a home run pass that just turns the puck over. even with the success last year this was very apparent, the offensive troubles will continue this season even with the addition of nash.

i think torts has to loosen the strings a little and let them play a more open style, i believe they do have the skill level they didn't use to have to employ more of a puck possession instinctive game, rather than the robotic get the puck deep, do not turn the puck over in the neutral zone or blue line no matter what mentality.

tumblr_m1q96bmHga1qgvyhk.gif

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
pretty sad that the flyers have no problem icing the puck 3 times at the end of the game knowing theres a slim chance richards will win a faceoff......:shakehead:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad