Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers | 4/16/13 | Backups

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
Can't believe I'm starting to climb onto the "Fire Torts" bandwagon. :facepalm: The team has been that bad.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Don't coach the powerplay! Most important element in a hockey game. I don't coach it man! **** it! I'm just going to grind the ****ing **** out of every team because this is StoneAgeHockey

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Pathetic performance against a tired team and a sub 900 goalie.
Also, Powe on the ice with 2 minutes left down by 1, brilliant!

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Blessing in disguise. It's not like we would go on a tear in the playoffs. Plus, us making the playoffs means Torts gets a "get out of jail" card. No, I don't think he would get fired if we miss the playoffs, but his leash becomes shorter at the start of next season.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Embarrassing loss. Pathetic loss. This team doesn't play like an *** team. Bunch of players skating around like chickens without their heads. We've had far too many of these games.

And screw Brad Richards and Taylor Pyatt

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
The Rangers should be ashamed of themselves tonight.

Nash has been awful these last couple of games. The PP can't even set up until there's half a minute left. Lundqvist gave up a couple of soft goals. McDonagh was awful, again. Didn't even try to score on an injured goalie.

Really pathetic.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Powerplay lost us the game. 0-5? Against the Flyers and their AHL defense? Are you kidding me?

2 straight games with Nash being a non-factor. Time for him to step up.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
Don't worry guys, we are only 41 games into the season. With no training camp and a shortened season, they're probably shaking the rust off.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Blessing in disguise. It's not like we would go on a tear in the playoffs. Plus, us making the playoffs means Torts gets a "get out of jail" card. No, I don't think he would get fired if we miss the playoffs, but his leash becomes shorter at the start of next season.

Whether or not you like Torts, you still have to be rooting for the Rangers to make the playoffs, no? Are you a fan? :shakehead

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Nash has really been dogging it the past few games. Unacceptable and not nearly enough fans criticize him for it.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
No heart. Even if we make the playoffs, we'd end up out of it in 5 games anyway.

On a good note, I'm really starting to think Moore is going to be amazing for us in the years to come. Great skater, good hockey sense, he's going to do good things for us.

NYR27

Apr 3, 2006
Baltimore, MD
nyfan27.wordpress.com
Backup steals another....

My takes...

Why do our dmen NEVER take slap shots from deep? Always writers that are gloved easy?

Richards was horrific tonight

Moore excites me

DZ makes Cindy look like Cindy

Horrible call by refs scores the winner with back to back pps...but our PP was as usual....absent...

I will support torts to the end...but seriously? No Nash on the PP. even Pierre gets it

Boyle...as much as we kill him, was missed tonight

Lundy was good tonight but not great

Fatally...we can't lose to a team on the second night of a back to back that is beat up when we had 2 off

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
Lulz at Pierre wondering why Torts wasn't starting Nash on the power play.

That's our Torts, Pierre! :shakehead

*Bob Richards*

I really can't vote for anyone. No one stood out in a good way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad