Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers 1/16 1:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
****** puck-drop time.

We're 2-2-1 on the current 7 game stretch which I thought may be brutal. We get out of here with a W and I'll consider us survivors.

After the Caps game on Sunday, we have a 9-game Stretch ahead in which we should perform better:

Tue Jan 19, 2016 Canucks @ Rangers
Fri Jan 22, 2016 Rangers @ Hurricanes
Sun Jan 24, 2016 Rangers @ Senators
Mon Jan 25, 2016 Sabres @ Rangers
Rangers Circumnavigate the globe...
Tue Feb 2, 2016 Rangers @ Devils
Thu Feb 4, 2016 Wild @ Rangers
Sat Feb 6, 2016 Rangers @ Flyers
Mon Feb 8, 2016 Devils @ Rangers
Wed Feb 10, 2016 Rangers @ Penguins

Let's go guys. Finish your chances vs the Flyers, for crying out loud!

LGR!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
AV is starting Hank tomorrow and Raanta Sunday against Holtby who hasn't lost since 1992. Like I said, he does something before every game that makes me wonder if he hit his head.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
AV is starting Hank tomorrow and Raanta Sunday against Holtby who hasn't lost since 1992. Like I said, he does something before every game that makes me wonder if he hit his head.

Come on, let's not bash every move he makes for the sake of it. We all know that this team plays better in front of our backups. It could be a blessing in disguise, maybe we shut down Wash on Sunday with Raanta in net and everyone else on the ice actually playing well.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I wouldn't get worked up over not playing Washington. Henrik hasn't had the best of games v. the Caps the past few times out and we're not competing with them in the standings anymore. I'd rather try and lock down 2 points over Philly since they're closer to us.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
But the thing is for a long stretch of 14/15 Lundqvist was injured and Talbot was starting several games in a row so you could say the team were playing "normally" in front of him with the usual game plan, whereas usually as a backup he would get the odd game here and there. Talbot was also quite bad for the first part of that stretch as the #1.

But regardless I don't buy into the theory that they play differently, my view is that people just perceive it as such because the backups usually play against weaker teams

I've also always disliked the definition of "high danger shots" as they base it purely on where the shot was taken. Yes there's a correlation but it doesn't take into account qualitative factors, such as was it a play on the rush or sustained zone time, was it a 2 on 1, how much space and time did the shooter have, was it a 1-timer etc.

Last edited:

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
I wouldn't get worked up over not playing Washington. Henrik hasn't had the best of games v. the Caps the past few times out and we're not competing with them in the standings anymore. I'd rather try and lock down 2 points over Philly since they're closer to us.

As if anyone has much confidence in either of them these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad