Proposal: Rangers-Flames

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I don't know enough about Fox's situation to say if he is definitely not signing or not but from the outside I would likely pass because even though I am not high on him I think we can do better than the 31st pick.

STray FARRR FARRRR AWAY!!!! Anaheim got burned to hell with Schultz going to EDM. I wouldn’t touch this deal with a 10 foot pole for both teams. You drafted in the NCAA deal with the consequences bro. He’s a maybe if and or but at this point.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
IF Hamilton was even on the block, the Flames could get more than just Deangelo + 3 2nds + 2 3rds (yes I know Fox is in the deal too). Lmao. Hamilton has more value than Hamonic and he got 1st and 2 2nds... I love how you downplay it by saying "prospect with possible risk" Isn't that what Deangelo is? "A possible risk" I also doubt Rangers want to trade so many picks... Their trying to acquire them, not trade them away.

That's a fair counterargument.
What teams want to/can afford to pay assumes they actually cough up more, but fair enough reason to say no.

For the record:
DeAngelo = one 1st
yes, he has prior record as malcontent, etc., but has fit well here this year and done well despite being a young player playing under AV who we all know favors vet and jerks youngsters around.
Hamilton is obviously the way better player based on all around ability. That said, DeAngelo's skills are superior to very many. He has to learn to play D much better, but that is par for the course for most young D.

I then offered more than Harmonic's 2 2nds. I offered 2 2nds, one of which is NYR which is certain to be top 40OA. I also offered 2 3rds. All that this year.
Then I also offered a min 2nd next year, which could = 1st, which I consider more than fine for Fox as is given he is not signed, said he wants to go to university and will be immediately unavailable, and is a theoretical risk to opt for UFA.

In any case, thanks to all, Rangers will not make more premium assets available at this juncture. Cal has a huge hole for this year but if they don't want to sacrifice Hamilton to go there, okay.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
On behalf of the New York Rangers fanbase, we’re sorry.

We’re soooorrrryy.

We’re sorry.

b46.jpg

spNVhru.jpg

sorry.jpg

A classic complaint is someone who hears, but does not listen.

Your parallel above shows you speak, but say nothing of import.
And that waste
is something
for which
one should
TRULY
be

wait for it
wait for it

sorry.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How about this, was mentioned in another thread:

To Calgary:
Mats Zuccarello, TB 1st round pick

To NYR:
Sam Bennett, Adam Fox, 3rd round pick.

Zuc was a reasonable fit for Calgary, believe they targeted him in recent years.

Now with way things have broken, and one year less production for is cost, not seeing the same snug fit.

Fear not, Zuc is a good target for Chicago.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
STray FARRR FARRRR AWAY!!!! Anaheim got burned to hell with Schultz going to EDM. I wouldn’t touch this deal with a 10 foot pole for both teams. You drafted in the NCAA deal with the consequences bro. He’s a maybe if and or but at this point.

That's why I valued him so little at this point.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
A classic complaint is someone who hears, but does not listen.

Your parallel above shows you speak, but say nothing of import.
And that waste
is something
for which
one should
TRULY
be

wait for it
wait for it

sorry.

It’s harder than ever to find trading partners in the NHL. Less is more, Bern.

Your proposal’s, although creative, usually end up having too many moving parts. You offered like, 5 consecutive 4th rounders in one of your previous proposals.

Keep it realistic. Simplify things. And most importantly, don’t lowball other teams players with with quantity for quality.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
That's a fair counterargument.
What teams want to/can afford to pay assumes they actually cough up more, but fair enough reason to say no.

For the record:
DeAngelo = one 1st
yes, he has prior record as malcontent, etc., but has fit well here this year and done well despite being a young player playing under AV who we all know favors vet and jerks youngsters around.
Hamilton is obviously the way better player based on all around ability. That said, DeAngelo's skills are superior to very many. He has to learn to play D much better, but that is par for the course for most young D.

I then offered more than Harmonic's 2 2nds. I offered 2 2nds, one of which is NYR which is certain to be top 40OA. I also offered 2 3rds. All that this year.
Then I also offered a min 2nd next year, which could = 1st, which I consider more than fine for Fox as is given he is not signed, said he wants to go to university and will be immediately unavailable, and is a theoretical risk to opt for UFA.

In any case, thanks to all, Rangers will not make more premium assets available at this juncture. Cal has a huge hole for this year but if they don't want to sacrifice Hamilton to go there, okay.

I wouldn't move Hamilton for two 1st's let alone 3 2nds and a couple 3rd's, I'm sure if a team really wanted Hamilton and his top pairing play, they would at least offer two 1st's, this proposed deal for Hamonic, yeah sure but not for Hamilton. This doesn't make Calgary better, I'd want Krieder and Lias for Hamilton and that's minimum

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The value's not terrible but it does nothing for Calgary's needs. The Flames don't need another left shot winger, especially a small one like Zuccarello when they already have Gaudreau leading the offense.

Flames need a RIGHT SHOT RIGHT WINGER more than anything. And unless that need is met, they won't be making a deal just for the sake of doing something.
Yeah. why would the Flames need a RW like Zucc :help: YOu are too hung up on the RW being RH

That is an excellent proposal.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Zuc's no slouch. I personally don't think fox will sign in calgary either.

Him being 30 already (thought he was younger) does complicate the trade a bit.

Rangers fans; could Bennett+fox (or brodie) get us in conversation for one of kreider or zibanejad? I would be willing to add another piece for zibanejad

Last edited:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Yeah. why would the Flames need a RW like Zucc :help: YOu are too hung up on the RW being RH

That is an excellent proposal.
Way too miss the point as usual.

Seriously what planet do you live on where the Flames would actually trade a 20 year old top prospect and a 21 year old center/winger with potential for a 30 year old tiny, tiny winger with just one left on their contract and a very late first rounder?

There's no way this proposal would ever seriously be considered by Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad