Proposal: Rangers-Flames

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Calgary is still promising but hasn't gotten full bang for its buck. First sent to Isles for Harmonic, and Fox wants to go back to school, is possible risk to UFA. They want picks, incl 1st.

Rangers need RD and need to send vets and even prized assets to max their position on pick upgrades.

That said, I believe good value can be had here.

Hamilton and the rights to Fox
for
DeAngelo, four 2018 picks -- NYR 2nd and 3rd + Devils 2018 2nds + Boston 2018 3rd +
plus TBL 2019 2nd which can morph into 1st.

So recap.
Former 1st RD + 5 picks [2 2nds and 2 3rds this year + 2nd next year which might upgrade]
for
former high pick RD and interesting prospect with possible risk

Deal?

Reactions: Rgani1488

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
I don't think the flames would be interested in moving Hamilton for a quantity of picks. If he was moved it would have to be for a bonafide top 6 forward.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Calgary is still promising but hasn't gotten full bang for its buck. First sent to Isles for Harmonic, and Fox wants to go back to school, is possible risk to UFA. They want picks, incl 1st.

Rangers need RD and need to send vets and even prized assets to max their position on pick upgrades.

That said, I believe good value can be had here.

Hamilton and the rights to Fox
for
DeAngelo, four 2018 picks -- NYR 2nd and 3rd + Devils 2018 2nds + Boston 2018 3rd +
plus TBL 2019 2nd which can morph into 1st.

So recap.
Former 1st RD + 5 picks [2 2nds and 2 3rds this year + 2nd next year which might upgrade]
for
former high pick RD and interesting prospect with possible risk

Deal?

IF Hamilton was even on the block, the Flames could get more than just Deangelo + 3 2nds + 2 3rds (yes I know Fox is in the deal too). Lmao. Hamilton has more value than Hamonic and he got 1st and 2 2nds... I love how you downplay it by saying "prospect with possible risk" Isn't that what Deangelo is? "A possible risk" I also doubt Rangers want to trade so many picks... Their trying to acquire them, not trade them away.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Lol not even remotely close. We give up the two best pieces in the deal by far.
The Rangers have nothing that would interest us for Hamilton. Nothing.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
You can take out Hamilton entirely from the offer and the Flames still wouldn't do it. That's how putrid this offer is.

A bunch of middle round picks and a lockerroom cancer aren't getting you a top prospect let alone a top pairing defenseman.

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
A 50 point D man for a project and a bunch of 2nd and 3rds? Try harder. Brutal for the flames. Just because its a bunch of picks doesnt mean its good

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure that is a great deal for Fox alone, I do know it is a god awful deal for Hamilton.

I am not sure if people are reading too much into the report of them looking for a 1st round pick but we are not trading guys like Hamilton and Bennett for picks.

The team didn't make the play-offs but are still built to win sooner than later. Getting late 1sts or 2nds and 3rds for guys who are contributing to the team now makes zero sense.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
How about this, was mentioned in another thread:

To Calgary:
Mats Zuccarello, TB 1st round pick

To NYR:
Sam Bennett, Adam Fox, 3rd round pick.

The value's not terrible but it does nothing for Calgary's needs. The Flames don't need another left shot winger, especially a small one like Zuccarello when they already have Gaudreau leading the offense.

Flames need a RIGHT SHOT RIGHT WINGER more than anything. And unless that need is met, they won't be making a deal just for the sake of doing something.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How about this, was mentioned in another thread:

To Calgary:
Mats Zuccarello, TB 1st round pick

To NYR:
Sam Bennett, Adam Fox, 3rd round pick.

I am not overly keen on it because Zuccarello is a LHS (although I heard he can play RW) and we need more of a scorer rather than a passer and of course size would be nice. But I guess beggars can't be choosers.

What is Zuccarello's contract like? If he is signed for on a good deal for a few years it may be a good addition and we still look for another guy to replace Bennett that fits the size/scoring mold.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I am not overly keen on it because Zuccarello is a LHS (although I heard he can play RW) and we need more of a scorer rather than a passer and of course size would be nice. But I guess beggars can't be choosers.

What is Zuccarello's contract like? If he is signed for on a good deal for a few years it may be a good addition and we still look for another guy to replace Bennett that fits the size/scoring mold.

Zucc has 1 more year left at 4.5.

If Zucc doesn’t meet those needs, fair enough. What about Tampa’s 1st for Fox and a 3rd?

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales

If Zucc doesn’t meet those needs, fair enough. What about Tampa’s 1st for Fox and a 3rd?
Absolutely stunned he couldn't find the information himself , it's not like it's difficult or anything & he said " i heard he played right wing " , now even a casual hockey non Rangers fan knows this lol . Maybe i'm a grumpy sod but some people need their bloody laces tied for them . This is a hockey forum please have a basic knowledge , rant over lol .

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I don't know enough about Fox's situation to say if he is definitely not signing or not but from the outside I would likely pass because even though I am not high on him I think we can do better than the 31st pick.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Absolutely stunned he couldn't find the information himself , it's not like it's difficult or anything & he said " i heard he played right wing " , now even a casual hockey non Rangers fan knows this lol . Maybe i'm a grumpy sod but some people need their bloody laces tied for them . This is a hockey forum please have a basic knowledge , rant over lol .

Basic knowledge?

We are in a trade discussion thread, not in the middle of a draft, so it isn't like I needed the information right away. Plus tons of guys are listed as one thing but never actually play it or forced into to playing a spot because of need but not really very good at it.

I don't think that knowing whether or not Mats Zuccarello can effectively play RW or not is really basic knowledge or why asking in a thread that involves the team he plays on, with fans that watch in a discussion of him isn't a good way to get that answer.

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary isn’t going to move Hammy for that little, if at all. It would have to be one of ur top prospects, and probably a first round pick and maybe a little more.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
On behalf of the New York Rangers fanbase, we’re sorry.

We’re soooorrrryy.

We’re sorry.

b46.jpg

spNVhru.jpg

sorry.jpg

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I think the flames might trade you Giordano for a couple 2nds and a couple 3rds

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
At th
Basic knowledge?

We are in a trade discussion thread, not in the middle of a draft, so it isn't like I needed the information right away. Plus tons of guys are listed as one thing but never actually play it or forced into to playing a spot because of need but not really very good at it.

I don't think that knowing whether or not Mats Zuccarello can effectively play RW or not is really basic knowledge or why asking in a thread that involves the team he plays on, with fans that watch in a discussion of him isn't a good way to get that answer.
At the very least your lazy & seeing that Zucarello normally only plays right wing & has since 2014 i find your reply naive amongst other things & i'm no Ranger fan , like i said i'm grumpy twat tonight but that does not hide the fact that your excuses are poor at best . Basic Knowledge lol .....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad