Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
2014/15 after 31 games: 17-10-4
2015/16 after 31 games: 18-9-4

The situation is reversed this time around though. The defensemen gotta get their heads out of certain holes and fast.

Anybody remember the timetable for Step and Klein?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I didn't watch this game but this is very true. Girardi and to a lesser extent Staal are NEVER called out for ANYTHING by Sam and Joe. No matter what, they will always deflect blame somewhere else.

They are complete and total company men. So many times when I get the Rangers feed i have to mute it. They are insufferable, especially Joe.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Stepan is so important to this team, as if the beginning of last season didn't already prove that.

I think he is the most important forward on the team to lose, his absence just presents so many holes, especially 5v5 but also PK.

Not sure why Sam and Joe would be expected to be the critics here, they're the PbP team, not the critics. The beat writers should be the ones asking the questions and criticizing the play.
They should not criticize, that's true, but to outright praise them when they suck is treating their audience as if they are stupid/blind or both.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We really miss Klein. He's our only top 4 D that knows where our crease is and that guys wearing the other jersey shouldn't be standing there.

Deleted member 23124

When he didn't challenge that goal against Boston when Marchand skated into Hank's stick...

You don't use your timeout anyway why not just try the challenge...

AV said that Hank was not entirely in the crease when it happened, therefore he didn't think the challenge wouldn't hold up.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We really miss Klein. He's our only top 4 D that knows where our crease is and that guys wearing the other jersey shouldn't be standing there.

We definitely need Klein back. Interesting question who comes out? Boyle playing little better including on powerplay. Is there any possibility Girardi goes from number one pairing to street clothes? It would be nice to see him scratched a few games to see if it could help him down the road but above all to keep giving mcilrath playing time

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
We definitely need Klein back. Interesting question who comes out? Boyle playing little better including on powerplay. Is there any possibility Girardi goes from number one pairing to street clothes? It would be nice to see him scratched a few games to see if it could help him down the road but above all to keep giving mcilrath playing time

The worst I see for Girardi is taking over the Boyle role and getting some "rest." And I don't even see that.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I have to agree with you! Unless he's injured which he never seems to be he's prob not coming out

it isn't going to happen. it's wishful thinking.

you know what you're going to get from Girardi, every night. Whether you think he's great or an abomination, he's a predictable player with a limited skillset, at his best and worst. Coaches love that in players for whatever bizarre reason, and tend to confuse "predictable and limited" with "reliable". Girardi is reliable alright, you know he'll be mediocre to garbage every night. You know he's going to play poorly in every zone except maybe his own, break up two or three plays that he probably caused in the first place, then have Sam and Joe cream themselves talking about what a great play that was.

I'm firmly on the "get rid of Girardi by whatever means necessary" wagon. I'm not rosy, optimistic, or even hopeful about it though.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Brassard is on pace for 60 points and slowly creeping up on 50% CF.

Zucc is the team leader in points, but IMO Brassard has been the best forward, and has more consitency. He hardly goes more than 1 or 2 games without producing. Only once this season has he gone more than 2 games (3) without a point. That is what the team needs.

Zucc has been very consistent the last seasons, but this year he has been more a streaky player, goint through several droughts, before coming back with multi point games. As has Nash.

Btw, I expect a win next game after the Rangers´ last huge signing: http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=790895 :)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Talbot starts in Boston tonight. :( So we'll get Nilsson again I guess.

Edmonton must not be aware of the former Ranger playing like a hall-of-famer curse. Which is hard to imagine seeing as they have seen both Pouliot and Korpedo in action.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
People need to stop freaking out. It's a bad slump. It sucks and it's very frustrating.

Instead of this slump happening in the opening weeks, it's happening now. They'll turn it around like they did the past two seasons when they hit a rut.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
People need to stop freaking out. It's a bad slump. It sucks and it's very frustrating.

Instead of this slump happening in the opening weeks, it's happening now. They'll turn it around like they did the past two seasons when they hit a rut.

they havent hit a rut and they arent in a slump.

Theyve been brutal since day 1. Theyve had exactly 1 good game this season...against the Sharks. The rest have been mediocre games, or games where theyve been terrible and their goaltending has dragged them kicking and screaming to wins. Theyve also been scoring goals at an unsustainably high shooting percentage for a while.

it was only a matter of time before the law of averages caught up to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad