I guess you could say the Flames...

giphy.gif

...got burned

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Corsi was 62/38 in the Flames favor.

These sitting back third periods need to ****ing stop. Dear god.

But I definitely appreciate how well defensively they've played in their own zone.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think we're playing a lot more conservatively in response to blowing so many leads.

It's getting us wins, but at some point we need to get back to our high energy speed game. We're getting murdered in shot attempts lately.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Cant believe Jackets are only 6 points behind us. Gotta get it done against Canes.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Glencross celebrating like he scored an overtime game winner was kind of annoying. But hey, that's one of my only complaints

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Corsi was 62/38 in the Flames favor.

These sitting back third periods need to ****ing stop. Dear god.

But I definitely appreciate how well defensively they've played in their own zone.

Yeah, I'd like to see zone entry data against us when the game's close versus with a lead. It seems AV and the coaching staff are perfectly content with letting teams carry-in with possession with ease when we have a 2G+ lead.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, I'd like to see zone entry data against us when the game's close versus with a lead. It seems AV and the coaching staff are perfectly content with letting teams carry-in with possession with ease when we have a 2G+ lead.

If that's what works, then fine by me. We haven't blown a lead in awhile.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Glencross celebrating like he scored an overtime game winner was kind of annoying. But hey, that's one of my only complaints

**** him. Still remember that concussion he gave Drury a few years ago that didn't result in a penalty, but a suspension. Have fun rotting away in Alberta.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think we're playing a lot more conservatively in response to blowing so many leads.

It's getting us wins, but at some point we need to get back to our high energy speed game. We're getting murdered in shot attempts lately.

They've held some pretty big third period leads lately though.

I dunno, I'd have an issue with it if they were up by 2 but with a 3 goal lead against a team thats going to send 5 every opportunity they get I don't mind the ultra conservative approach.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
I bet Calgary regrets playing their backup against us.

Hank, Nash had a killer games. Defense is still a bit scary. On to Carolina.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
that 3rd was a joke, calgary was committing a penalty roughly every 90 seconds and nothing was called that's the only reason they were able to push the pace with reckless abandon.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Interested to see how many votes Klein gets in the poll tonight. Those two goal line plays he made were enormous for maintaining momentum. That guy just continues to impress.

And Nash, my god. It's so nice to have an elite scorer in the lineup.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010

No need to press the issue with a 3 goal lead. If it gets to 2, THEN you fire the engines back up a little bit. As the game wound down, they started breaking up the passes in the neutral zone and putting it away. No issue with how they played tonight.

4th in the NHL in goals/game, moving past the Fishsticks tonight. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad