Rangers Draft Viewing Party

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, I think next year I'll skip this. Watching the whole draft and not listening to the MSGN talking heads is better.

Good first time going and can't complain about it being free, but...meh.

Reactions: lucky13

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
That was a good experience last night. The ticket sales peeps were out in force. Trying to sell. Tours of the locker room etc. Maloney and a Vally were really good with the fans as they always are.

A little surprised the Rangers didn't have some more players there. Lots of guys still in town.

The drinks were a bit out of control. 1st round, $68. There was 4 of us. WTF!

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It was better last year. The fact that they “kicked” everyone out at like 9:15 is kinda crazy

Last year they did a Q&A with prospects, I thought they were calling all the prospects on stage to do it again. But then they handed out t-shirts and told everyone to go to the bar to watch the rest of the draft

Weird set up, but fun night

Reactions: Joey Bones

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
I was surprised how many people turned out - considering the Rangers did ZERO job of promoting the event - even for us season ticket holders, we had no idea what was going on until like 2 days before. I also didn't see any mention of the party anywhere on the Rangers website.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Count me in as another that would skip it in the future. I knew they'd cut the coverage early but I was hoping it wouldn't be until like 10 (which is what it said on the email) and that I could actually watch the entire thing as opposed to the MSG crew blabbering about whatever over it.

Reactions: Raspewtin

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
View media item 5621
Pic from msg last night... I’ve got some crowd reaction vids too... overall a good night.. also pretty sure I saw a few posters but I’m too awkward to say hi... haha

I prob wouldn’t go to another either... although the crowd reactions to Shero trolling everyone at 1st and then the 1st two pics being made were great... after that the collective Gasp at the Detroit pic was pretty cool too... it’s weird being at msg and most of the people there being knowledgeable beyond what they read from Brooks...

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Shesterkin, Rykov, Barron and Keane made an appearance at the end which was pretty cool except that they cut the event at least one hour short IMO.

P.S. It bothers me how they mispronounce Rykov’s name. It’s not “Rai-kov”, if anything it’s closer to “Rick-off” with tongue pushed back/down to help make it a more throaty sound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad