GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm usually not very critical of Steve, except for when he's giving his out of town scoreboard updates (which might even be pushed on him in production meetings from management) and always needing to ''Sort it out'' after the break when there's a penalty.

He's had some really awesome goal calls in OT and I felt he could have had another really good one last night. He sort of hesitated on the Hall goal call too, but that was some confusing signaling from the official. Seemed like he was waving no goal or something. I can't really fault Steve on that one, the official seemed to be confused with it.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I'm usually not very critical of Steve, except for when he's giving his out of town scoreboard updates (which might even be pushed on him in production meetings from management) and always needing to ''Sort it out'' after the break when there's a penalty.

He's had some really awesome goal calls in OT and I felt he could have had another really good one last night. He sort of hesitated on the Hall goal call too, but that was some confusing signaling from the official. Seemed like he was waving no goal or something. I can't really fault Steve on that one, the official seemed to be confused with it.

Anyone who wants to listen to AWFUL, check out the Penguins announcers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone who wants to listen to AWFUL, check out the Penguins announcers.

Steggo legit might be worst in the league.
I think the one thing that's universally agreed on among NHL fans and commentators, outside of maybe Pens fans is Steggy is by far the worst announcer and TV personality in the whole league. Maybe even counting radio commentators and panel analysts too.
ssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllap me shilly sidnay

Scratch my back with a hacksaw!
Haha that's the radio PBP, though he used to be the TV PBP guy, until they hired Steggy.

He isn't so bad, but some of his quotes are pretty weird and I'm not sure what they're supposed to mean.

''Let's go hunt moose on a Harley!''

''How much fried chicken can you eat?''

''He didn't know whether to cry or wind his watch!''

I understand the last one, not really the first two though.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There is no broadcast for any sport in the world worse than the pens on root. Everyone on there is awful. The Mark Fraser of broadcasting, but worse.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There is no broadcast for any sport in the world worse than the pens on root. Everyone on there is awful. The Mark Fraser of broadcasting, but worse.

When I watched part of their game against the Oilers a couple weeks ago, Steggy suggested that the Oilers fans in Edmonton at the game should be chanting "We want Fleury!", as if Fleury has been the best goaltender on their own team or even as good as Talbot this year. Both of which would be false.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When I watched part of their game against the Oilers a couple weeks ago, Steggy suggested that the Oilers fans in Edmonton at the game should be chanting "We want Fleury!", as if Fleury has been the best goaltender on their own team or even as good as Talbot this year. Both of which would be false.

They think everyone on the pens is God's gift to the world. After he retires, they will probably have an entire 1 hour special about how Chris Kunitz was snubbed from the HHOF when he should have been in as soon as he retired and had his number retired league wide.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They think everyone on the pens is God's gift to the world. After he retires, they will probably have an entire 1 hour special about how Chris Kunitz was snubbed from the HHOF when he should have been in as soon as he retired and had his number retired league wide.

Haha is sounds about right.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His goal calls are so awful and obnoxious too.

He sounds like some ******* who laughs when an old lady or little kid falls and trips somewhere. He's so obnoxious. It reminds me of some guy who pulls a chair out from under somebody and laughs uncontrollably when they fall and even harder if they hurt themselves.

Just listen to one of his goal calls when the Penguins score. It's like he's screaming and laughing in someone's face.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Haha that's the radio PBP, though he used to be the TV PBP guy, until they hired Steggy.

He isn't so bad, but some of his quotes are pretty weird and I'm not sure what they're supposed to mean.

''Let's go hunt moose on a Harley!''

''How much fried chicken can you eat?''

''He didn't know whether to cry or wind his watch!''

I understand the last one, not really the first two though.

Funny enough I was watching Sudden Death the other night (I'm a sucker for bad 90's action movies) and I knew Mike Lange was in it, but then I realized Steigerwald was in it too as the color guy.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
The worst announcer I've been exposed to on a semi-regular basis is the Albany guy. He's a yelper. Always turn the volume way down when watching A-Devs highlights.

Favorite is Gary Thorne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad