Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Detroit 3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/the-rangers-got-jobbed-last-night-against-detroit/#comments

Maloney makes a really good point. The real **** up by the referees was not calling Abdelkader's hook until AFTER Brassard slashed him and took a penalty himself. The referees arm wasn't even up when the first penalty occurred. Did they really worry about giving the Rangers a PP with 2 minutes to go? Whatever, but then why only call Stepan on the Nyquist play if they're so damn concerned about not ending a game like that?

As much as they "try not to" the referees have way too much ****ing control over the game.

It's when refs start worrying about things like that, that the officiating gets worse. It's one thing to let more go later in the game, but to not call something bc you don't want to give a team a PP to end a game as we saw last night, can have a butterfly effect. In this case Brass slashes back and they take them both, Red Wings fans BOOO loudly not even realizing what Abdelkader got a penalty for. They're all over the ref, so the next time something happens they all uproar about it it and the ref calls it.

Consistency is the biggest problem with NHL officiating. That and them thinking about their role in the game too much. Call a fair and consistent game and everything will be okay. Don't think anything else into it. Don't worry who the home team is, what the coaches are saying to you, what the captains are saying, what time of the period it is and so on.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
No coincidence that the Brassard's line defenders had a great game as well. That unit of:

Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Staal-Boyle

They missed a lot of glorious chances, the goals will come. Just unlucky finishing last night and Howard was decent. Having 3 scoring lines is a recipe to go deep, just like last year.

Teams don't win Cups on their 1st line, they win it on their 2nd and 3rd lines. Hayes is going to be our dark horse player come spring, I don't think other teams or at least their fans are aware of how good he is.

Rare are the teams that are deep enough on defense to matchup against 3 scoring lines. Use your top 4 against Stepan-Brassard, have fun watching your 3rd pair chase around 6'5" ~225lb Hayes for entire shifts at a time. Hagelin is a hilariously perfect winger for Hayes, and Miller brings some size, skill, and physicality.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Players are doing the cheap **** like what nyqvist did more and more. Fine. Rangers should just let go of the stick if a player holds it like that.

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
this is the **** I like to see:

OZ/DZ Zone starts.

Dominic Moore 0/9

Jesper Fast 0/8

James Sheppard 0/8

No more Glass taking away OZS from the other lines.

isn't it magical how once Glass isn't in the lineup, he can trust the 4th line to take defensive zone faceoffs?

Vidic15*

Players are doing the cheap **** like what nyqvist did more and more. Fine. Rangers should just let go of the stick if a player holds it like that.

Nyquist had a hold of his arm, not just his stick. I believe he has been fined in the past for diving. He's a dirty little ****stain.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I find myself caring less and less about the integrity of my team and wanting them to start obstructing and diving more.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I find myself caring less and less about the integrity of my team and wanting them to start obstructing and diving more.

It's not so much the integrity of the team for me as much as I just don't want to watch hockey that's reduced to that BS.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I wish they would call every single borderline embellishment to send a message. Makes me sick to see that constantly.

There's the answer to the problem. Also instead of calling both minors the hook or hold or whatever gets negated by the dive and only the dive is the penalty.

BarbaraAlphanse

I wish they would call every single borderline embellishment to send a message. Makes me sick to see that constantly.

Very rarely do diving teams win it all. Just saying. It's frustrating to watch, but it is usually an indication of an inferior person/team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Been a big fan of Brassard since his Drummondville years. I was starting to think he was never going to put it together, but the games I've watched with him this year has been a nice surprise. I'm happy he's come to develop so well for you guys. You must be very happy with him.

He's my fav. Ranger, ever since joining the Rangers in the Gaborik-trade. From day 1 he has shown massive strides in his development. Brassard is the posterboy for the "change-of-scenery" argument. He's a solid 2nd line center and is producing quite nicely. 60 points should be possible this season.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
No coincidence that the Brassard's line defenders had a great game as well. That unit of:

Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Staal-Boyle

They missed a lot of glorious chances, the goals will come. Just unlucky finishing last night and Howard was decent. Having 3 scoring lines is a recipe to go deep, just like last year.

Teams don't win Cups on their 1st line, they win it on their 2nd and 3rd lines. Hayes is going to be our dark horse player come spring, I don't think other teams or at least their fans are aware of how good he is.

Rare are the teams that are deep enough on defense to matchup against 3 scoring lines. Use your top 4 against Stepan-Brassard, have fun watching your 3rd pair chase around 6'5" ~225lb Hayes for entire shifts at a time. Hagelin is a hilariously perfect winger for Hayes, and Miller brings some size, skill, and physicality.

Yeah, I really love the top-9. This forward core is unreal. 4th line is okay, if Sheppard acclimates it could be good.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The officials continue to let teams like Detroit and NJ get away with interference and obstruction as if pre-lockout rules still apply. Those teams are so strongly associated with that style of play that I have to wonder if the officials are just so used to it at this point that they overlook it or don't even notice it. If there was any accountability when it comes to officiating, the league would have done something about this years ago.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
isn't it magical how once Glass isn't in the lineup, he can trust the 4th line to take defensive zone faceoffs?

It is just so noticeable. I'm not an advanced stats guy, but I'm sure it is measurable by that too.

The one thing that makes it so hard to not bash Glass, and to be honest I refrain because it is simply so redundant, is because we see 'better' staring us in the face and yet so many times this season we got less than that.

Something just makes me think Sather knows this, and does not want things jeopardized by anything that is correctable. I thought the 4th line looked good last night. I thought Sheppard played well, the way I expected without knowing much about him.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Who cares about integrity. I want a cup. I want to win. Theres a **** ton of obstruction in the playoffs by good teams.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I don't understand why the opinions of some regarding officiating, bothers others so much. I was under the impression that this is an opinion based message board for fans of their respective teams to vent and praise, within the rules of the site, as they wish and not be chided for their view on certain calls. Let's be honest, 85% of calls are completely subjective and could go either way.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Staal has definitely been playing well lately. Looks much more comfortable.

He made a really nice move on the shot he hit the post on. I didn't know he had it in him.

It seems as if he is getting more confident in his abilities to contribute offensively.

Even earlier this year, I bet he just shoots that puck right into Howards pads.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
He made a really nice move on the shot he hit the post on. I didn't know he had it in him.

It seems as if he is getting more confident in his abilities to contribute offensively.

Even earlier this year, I bet he just shoots that puck right into Howards pads.

Staal has always had the offense. Had he not been derailed by two incredibly unfortunate injuries he would be putting up 40+ points a season.

He's a superd straightaway skater and has underrated hands.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He never actually held Nyquist though. This isn't one of those times where it's his fault for holding a little bit at first; there really isn't anything he could have done.

Bottom line is, you don't take your glove off the stick, and if you do, you don't wrap it around a players waist....... Expect to be called. Guilty, even though he may not have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad