Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
Let the revenge on Caps fans for the Johm Druce series in 1990 continue! Rangers in 5!

For those unfamiliar with John Druce....picture Jimmy Vesey scoring 14 goals in 15 playoff games, 9 of them against your favorite team in a playoff series you are favored to win.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Meanwhile, Caps fans are still talking about embarrassing in 2021. It’s time to shut that fanbase up for the next 10 years. They wanted to pursue personal records for Ovi instead of stocking their cupboards. Let them have one last first round.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Rangers in 7 because they can't do anything easy.
It’s a minor failure if these series even goes 6, but have a bad feeling it will go 6 or 7.

Caps are one of the worst playoff teams in recent years and weren’t even trying to make the playoffs. We added 2 top 9 forwards and a bottom pairing d at the trade deadline, while they traded away the same thing.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Quick thoughts:

Charlie Lindgren concerns me a bit. I remember him play well against us.

Hope Rempe beats the snot out of Tom wilson.

If panarin is a ghost in this playoffs then I will have lost all faith. I think he shows up this year though.

Is there a non zero chance Chytil plays this series? I wouldn’t personally , there has to be a ton of rust to kick off, but you never know.

Please don’t put Trouba and Miller back together.
Rempe got tuned up by Olivier. I don't think that he wants any part of Wilson.

Last edited:

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Caps traded Mantha, Edmunson and Kuznetsov at the deadline for draft picks and somehow found their way in. Pretty crazy.

Rangers have been the better team all season by far and need to prove that in round 1. Hoping for a series win in 5 games like we had over Pittsburgh after winning the Presidents' Trophy in 2015.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Those Atlantic division matchups will be a bloodbath. Rangers need to take care of business and get it done quick. Sadly that’s not their style but I hope Lavy is extra motivated to run over his old team.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Rangers are on a mission this year especially after last year's disappointment. They aren't taking any team lightly. Caps will play hard but will lose in 5 or 6.

Reactions: egelband

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Caps traded Mantha, Edmunson and Kuznetsov at the deadline for draft picks and somehow found their way in. Pretty crazy.

Rangers have been the better team all season by far and need to prove that in round 1. Hoping for a series win in 5 games like we had over Pittsburgh after winning the Presidents' Trophy in 2015.
I mean the only team that didnt really sell of, and was still hunting for that seed was the red wings.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
if we are trying to live to our seeding…

The last rangers were the first team to make the finals playing all 21. The Kings that year were the first team to make the finals playing 20.

Need a 5 gamer or better in round 1. Gotta have it.

Let’s get it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Rangers have to be ready to win those 50/50 pucks in the trenches, I’m sure they are going to try to out skill Washington and they could but they are going to have to play well on the boards. When Washington gives them trouble it’s because they push the rangers around.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
When are series ever easy? The Caps suck but they're also obnoxious to play against, Ovechkin can still be a major factor despite being slow as shit, and Lindgren can absolutely steal a game or two (he can also give one or two away but whatever). Don't take the Caps for granted, they've been kind of charmed lately.

FWIW they should be the easiest team that anyone has to face the entire playoffs. They have 7 different guys who have won a Stanley Cup but saying that they are also the most inexperienced playoff team this year. Objectively speaking I don't like the makeup of the team. Ovechkin, Pacioretty and Oshie are old...though Ovie came on strong in the second half and Strome shouldn't be a 1st line center or Wilson a 1st line wing. It's like a team made up of random parts thrown together.

Lindgren shut us out once this year and Kuemper's got a Stanley Cup.....they both can be pretty good but neither of them are great. I have the feeling they're going to try to keep games low scoring and hope to take leads and then sit on them by retreating into neutral zone and try to frustrate our better players.

They have several interesting young players----McMichael, Lapierre, Miroshnichenko, Fehervary. They're a big part of their future but nothing screams top end.....well maybe Leonard if he comes out of BC.

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I wonder if Leonard signs with the Caps and plays in this series, a la Kreider.

Could do it if they had him on the active roster or whatever before the deadline. Ranger did with Kreider.

They could use him as he'd certainly help but I could also see him getting Trouba'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad