Post-Game Talk: Rangers come back to win in shootout

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Unless MSL is intentionally trying to lose, his choice of Pitlick and Hoffman in the SO were baffling. As much as we all dislike Drouin playing, Hoffman is now taking on that role from my eyes. Very overrated player by management.

Consider that MSL is using what he has based on injuries. Also consider that MSL is not trying to alienate players that are here in Montreal like fans are. We need a new winning culture but we also need a new culture where we don't go on player attacks when they are not trending well (Good players or meh players... don't matter). Gorton/Hughes are going to try to avoid players like Drouin and Hoffman bud. They were acquired by Bergevin and MSL is not going to trash them while they are here.

Why didn't you talk about Belzile in the shootout with your narrative? The shooters last night in the SO were Pitlick, Suzuki, and Belizle. Hoffman didn't even shoot! Pitlick got to shoot cause he scored in the previous game. Belizle got to shoot cause he has been playing well and why not try it?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Unless MSL is intentionally trying to lose, his choice of Pitlick and Hoffman in the SO were baffling. As much as we all dislike Drouin playing, Hoffman is now taking on that role from my eyes. Very overrated player by management.
Pitlick is always used. Hoffman is baffling. Ylonen has the hands for a shoot out.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Another game, another point - wasn't someone saying their tough schedule is going to get us further down the standings? More like these tough teams are saving their energy for the playoffs and we'll keep eeking out points.

Reactions: rickthegoon

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This is decent team. Playing .450 hockey with all our core injuries. We can challenge for playoffs next year. Add another Dach and Matheson type this summer. Usually somebody on farm pushes through. The core is there

Have a decent draft
Nothing like having a decent team with a decent draft and a decent chance at a playoff challenge next year.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Another game, another point - wasn't someone saying their tough schedule is going to get us further down the standings? More like these tough teams are saving their energy for the playoffs and we'll keep eeking out points.

We are 0-3-2 in march ...

I would not consider this good but whatever.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Give it a few years, he might just end up being top 5 in a redraft. People here think it's the end of the world if we don't draft in the top 3 and yeah it would be great to win it and get Bedard but it's unlikely. We can get two good players between 5-20 with our pick and the Florida one. We are in good shape no matter how things play out. The experience gained and roles given to our young players are something that most older fans thought improbable. This will pay dividends in the future.
Great post dude, we really needed you in several other threads :laugh: but I get it

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Timmins said they had him ranked at #8. That was the year we got screwed by the Covid play-in tournament, and ended up beating a pathetic Pens team.

We were the final team to qualify as the 24th place team, out of 24. Apparently, if we had picked 8th like we were supposed to, he still would have been our pick.
ill give credit to Timmins with defs hes always been good drafting them but horrible with forwards

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I can do without the loser points but am pretty proud we arent getting run out of the building by far better teams. On paper we shouldnt be in games but the team is playing well. If the young guys keep developing and we take out dead wood like Hoffman, games will be better to watch.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
You have got to be f***ing kidding me. Another loser point. Sigh. Probably one of the most frustrating seasons I’ve ever experienced.
Nah last season was worse for me. The team was downright unwatchable and the thing is, they werent suppose to even be that bad last year which made it worse. Rather watch paint dry than a team of vets that arent trying.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Pitlick is always used. Hoffman is baffling. Ylonen has the hands for a shoot out.
Am I missing something? The Hoff was never in the shootout. I actually don't even remember him being in the shootout this season.

The Hoff would be a better option than Drou-Drou, the Donkey and Belzile.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Makes no sense unless the league adopted a 3 point system.

I'm a huge fan of the 3 pt win in regulation. I enjoy OT at times (both 3/3 and shootout) but regulation wins needs more incentive if you are going to award a point to the loosing team in overtime.

Tierney is slowly earning another contract next year. He'll be a good depth guy to have

I was a big fan of Evans and how he was improving but I expected growth this year that didn't happen. Tierney has played just as well or better. Remember when some fans said Evans was "way" better when we clamed Tierney off waivers? They are similar IMO.

Reactions: donghabs98

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Makes no sense unless the league adopted a 3 point system.
The league will never do it. Too many teams would be out of the running in early November. That point and the watered down .500 is an attempt to show parity where none really exists. I could see them doing it if they revamped the post season which they should do with 32 teams. Go NFL style with the wild card play-ins. It worked fine during Covid year 1.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Saw the last few boxscores and Montreal keeps facing teams that pull a no-show,too bad but lessons are hopefully being learned by the new mangament and all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad