Confirmed with Link: Rangers Claim Roman Hamrlik

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Oy.

I know folks have been saying "no, don't do it, Slats!" but I honestly don't understand why. He's been playing poorly. So what? It's just money, the deal expires this summer and we have plenty of cap space. Maybe he's reinvigorated here or maybe we wind up waiving him ourselves in 2 weeks - no skin off our backs either way, just another option.

I'm VERY concerned about what this implies for Staal, however...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this one...

Comes off the books after this season, if he doesn't work out he can just be waived. Only reason this is, or could be, a bad thing is because maybe it doesn't bode well for Staal. I'd take Hamrlik over Eminger though.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yeah, I'm thinking this doesn't have anything to do with Staal. He's good on the PP, nice shot, some offense ability, and a vet. Nice no-risk pick up.

Better than Bickel, fills the void while Staal is out for a little bit.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Rangers had internally discussed picking up Hamrlik off waivers even before Staal's injuryâ€

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
oh man this is a risk.........hope he has something left, he is a UFA and they keep assets which is a good thing.

I dont think/hope this relates to Staal being injured.

So that's the 6th Dman gentlemen. Who goes down or on waviers or traded? One of the D has to go unless Staal really is on the IR

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this one...

Comes off the books after this season, if he doesn't work out he can just be waived. Only reason this is, or could be, a bad thing is because maybe it doesn't bode well for Staal. I'd take Hamrlik over Eminger though.

Because he's 38 and has been a pretty consistent healthy scratch for a Caps team that's 14 in the East.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Does anyone know for sure that it takes a day for a waiver claim to go through? That would be a huge sigh of relief regarding Staal if the Rangers put in the claim yesterday afternoon.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Veteran presence on the blueline with PP experience.

Dont hate it, certainly dont love it.

Screams Ranger move, are we shocked at all? Nope. Will one aging veteran transform the PP? Nope.

I don't think this has anything to do with Staal. But I still don't like it.

Agreed, the claim had to have been put in yesterday before the game.

I think this says alot more about Del Zotto than Staal ;)

16 To Stanley*

oh man this is a risk.........hope he has something left, he is a UFA and they keep assets which is a good thing.

I dont think/hope this relates to Staal being injured.

So that's the 6th Dman gentlemen. Who goes down or on waviers or traded? One of the D has to go unless Staal really is on the IR

Is that really a question?

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
For all the (deserved) abuse that people heap upon Bickel around here, now there's hand-wringing over a low-risk veteran pickup? Would you REALLY rather have Stu-pendous out there?

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
This has nothing to do with Staal and I called it in the waivers thread for Hamrlik yesterday. Hamrlik makes our top six D a lot better, IMO.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Staal WILL be out for at least a week, maybe even longer.

My friend who used to drive roll-off's got hit in the eye with a swinging rear door of a dumpster. He looked like a boxer who just got destroyed. His eye was closed shut for two weeks.

Even if its not broken, having ONE eye to see out of renders him unable to play. Bickel playing would be a disaster, kids in Hartford aren't ready. Hamrlik fills the void.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
I don't see how it's a big risk and I definitely don't think this has anything to do with Staal.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Oh, and guys need to chill with Eminger, the dude is solid on the bottom 6 pair. He isn't half as bad as some make him out to be here. He should have been playing over Bickel since the start. Glad he is now.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
You could see this coming a mile away. I think this was done BEFORE the Staal injury.

This probably means Bickel is gone.

why why why does this mean bickel? Did you ever for a second think Staal is hurt or Eminger or Gilroy aren't going tp play? ever singal thread is ruined by the name Bickel for one second just worry about what the thread is about... Jesus I hate this also but he is a PP cannon and insurance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad