Claimed off Waivers: Rangers claim Matt Puempel from Ottawa

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I still really like Puempel. I hate that we waived him. He never really got a steady shot playing in the top 6 with consistent and offensive linemates. I don't think he got a fair shot.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well. Was a pretty safe move until a different former Sen suffered a pretty terrible injury last night.

So unless you're rehashing the trade that ended up causing the player that got injured to be in NY last night... not much they could do about it without a crystal ball.

You know me enough Caeldan to know that I am not the one who will try to put a link between the Zibanejad trade and the Matt Puempel claim. I saw that some people have already started to link both and add Puempel on the Rangers' side for the trade. This fanbase sometimes :laugh: :help:

Anyway, my bogus with the claim is I would have liked to keep Puempel for the rest of this year (only makes $900,000), because the depth in the AHL is not that great at the moment, but it should change as soon as next year. Or get a pick for him, but I guess this boat has sailed.

Incoming hatty by puempel on Sunday

This. They should know they have terrible luck by now :laugh:

And for my b-day to boot

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Rangers seem to excel with reclamation projects and player development. I'm excited to see what happens no risk and only reward potential.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
This guy was a steal of a draft pick according to HFboards back in the day

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Probably the most invisible prospect I've ever seen come through Ottawa. Almost impossible to tell if he's playing or not.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
I think Gorton and staff have done a great job in reloading Rangers instead of rebuild after last season. I have a lot of faith in their decisions..., this kid is only 23 and a fresh start may be all he needs.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The only players with a better shot than Matt Puempel in the Sens org were Mike Hoffman and Kyle Turris.

So we played him with Chris Neil.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Kid with some potential, though was on his last legs with the club. We actually traded up to select him in 2011.

How the hell did Tim Murray get hired as an NHL GM again? I honestly don't get it. His history is abysmal.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think thid is the type of player that does well on NYR. We shall see.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
I'm comfortable saying this guy sucks. No harm done claiming him of waivers though, but he's just not an NHL hockey player.

Prince was better, and Prince is also not an NHL hockey player.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm comfortable saying this guy sucks. No harm done claiming him of waivers though, but he's just not an NHL hockey player.

Prince was better, and Prince is also not an NHL hockey player.

If Prince is not a NHL player, I'd love to hear your take on Lazar and McCormick.. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad