Claimed off Waivers: Rangers claim Matt Puempel from Ottawa

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Damn. Ottawa fans peumpeled this guy's tires pretty hard a few years ago.

yeah they gave leafs fans a pretty hard time with biggs (same draft)
and now they are both busts lol.

remember the time murray tricked burke into taking kadri so the sens could land cowen? :laugh:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
yeah they gave leafs fans a pretty hard time with biggs (same draft)
and now they are both busts lol.

remember the time murray tricked burke into taking kadri so the sens could land cowen? :laugh:

Cowen got ruined by injuries. Not really anyones fault. He had a solid 20 year old rookie season then follow it up with missing an entire season to lockout + injury, then more injures. Lost speed and confidence. Never the same.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think a lot of it with Puempel is confidence. Give the kid a decent playmaker and let him develop a bit, and he has a decent shot at being an NHLer. I hope he works out for the Rangers (except when playing against us).

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Grabner is a much better player and much more proven. Puempel is just another one of those guys who can produce in the minors but not the nhl.

Not sure how you can compare since they are so different. Grabner is a much faster skater. Puempel has a much much better shot than Grabner and and is more of a front net presence guy. Gets in position to score goals.

Not sure how you can assess Puempel's time in Ottawa when he never had a chance on the PP, and was constantly playing with Chris Neil. The guy is a pure SNIPER à la Heatley(AKA not much more than goal scoring ability), how the **** can he score goals with Chris Neil??

Puempel could definitely be as good as Grabner.. Grabner is tearing it up right now but damn people have short memories.. Guy is nothing special

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I can see the kid doing well in NY. Not like top 6, but could be a nice reclamation project to maybe pot 15 and help a little with depth scoring (like the rag actually need it...) or when injuries come up.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Rangers seem to be able to turn any player into a 20 goal scorer, so we will see what happens.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Grabner's issue is he doesn't play well with his teammates but his raw skill is great.

Not sure where you are getting that from.He's played great with whoever his linemates have been so far this year.Hayes,Miller and Grabner have been a fantastic line all year.When hes been moved around because of injuries,Grabner has played well all over the lineup

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I'm comfortable saying this guy sucks. No harm done claiming him of waivers though, but he's just not an NHL hockey player.

Prince was better, and Prince is also not an NHL hockey player.

Prince is certainly an NHL'er, and one of the lone bright spots in Brooklyn this season.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Doubt he'll do much, probably just end up as being a 4th liner who doesn't much for the team.

Sorry, but he's not that great I'm afraid. Good AHL'er though that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad