Series Talk: Rangers/Craps (Game 1 is Sunday 4/21 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Here. We. Go.

IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Rangers in 5. The Rempe factor will be huge in keeping Wilson in check. Ovi has never been hit by a moving wall in his career, well brother meet the Rempire State Building!

I'm gonna try to get tickets for game 3 or 4
Who's going!?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
if we are trying to live to our seeding…

The last rangers were the first team to make the finals playing all 21. The Kings that year were the first team to make the finals playing 20.

Need a 5 gamer or better in round 1. Gotta have it.

Let’s get it.
You have that backwards...Kings played all 21. Rangers played 20...we closed out Montreal in 6.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
If they go to game 7 in the first round, they won't go beyond ECF, and probably won't get out of the second round. Need to win this one in 4 or 5 if they want to win the Cup. Less likely to get injuries, fewer bruises, better rested.
A team has made the finals going to 7 games in the first round in ‘19, ‘21, ‘22, and ‘23. (I only went back to ‘18 and ‘20 had the play-in round).

Reactions: lilphildub

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Probably our first series since the 90s where a loss would be absolutely humiliating. And would probably result in major, major changes this offseason.

I’ll take a win in 6, but 4-5 games max needs to be the goal for them here. A 7 game series would be disastrous and exhausting - Carolina would likely chop them up in R2 unless the Isles bang them up too.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I’d like to see a Wilson-Rempe fight but I doubt it happens. Wilson knows that taking himself off the ice for 5 minutes in exchange for a 4th liner is a net loss for his team.

I wonder if Leonard signs with the Caps and plays in this series, a la Kreider.

I’m not too concerned about Leonard after watching more than a handful of BC games this year. He has great tools but he’s a selfish player at this point in his career. Maybe he develops into an impact player but I don’t think he’s there yet. Lindgren is the only player I’d be worried about on the Caps.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Hi Charlie, also Ryan *needs to score*

I do view this first series as a "ghost game" or maybe ghost matchup. It does seem like every Stanley cup winner has to learn some things or grow in some way. And I suspect that this team needs to learn how to take a lead. Amazing to think that they won a President's Trophy given the issues.

We also have ghosts of Ovechkin, Wilson, and Panarin's past.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Caps traded Mantha, Edmunson and Kuznetsov at the deadline for draft picks and somehow found their way in. Pretty crazy.

Rangers have been the better team all season by far and need to prove that in round 1. Hoping for a series win in 5 games like we had over Pittsburgh after winning the Presidents' Trophy in 2015.
This is important. The caps de-skilled at the TDL and are 4-4-2 in their last 10. They've won their last 3 but have rode Lindgren and their other key players hard and have an 18-23 road record.

I would play Rempe every game, not to fight Wilson or Mcilrath but to get in on that forecheck and HURT the caps dmen. These are not soft loving hugs that Rempe dishes out and his hitting will have an affect even over 4,5, or 6 games.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Probably our first series since the 90s where a loss would be absolutely humiliating. And would probably result in major, major changes this offseason.

I’ll take a win in 6, but 4-5 games max needs to be the goal for them here. A 7 game series would be disastrous and exhausting - Carolina would likely chop them up in R2 unless the Isles bang them up too.
The isles sure AF are going to bang up carolina. It may be a 4 game sweep but carolina is going to pay for it. I expect the same from the caps but this is a big, physical Rangers team and I want to see some PO Trouba big game hunting.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
caps play conservative clog the middle of the ice shot blocking hockey

It’s gonna be ugly and boring

Rangers gotta capitalize on their PP chances and not take wild risks out of frustration

The thing is if or whenever the Rangers can get them chasing games the Caps should be in a lot of trouble. I don't think they'll have a whole lot in the way of coming from behind in them. They're going to depend it looks like on Lindgren who's been very good at times this year but this will be his first NHL playoff experience for whatever that means. It was Schmid's first experience last year. Conversely I also don't think you if you're the Caps you can take a small lead early and depend on winning any games by going into a defensive shell the rest of the game.

The Rangers will need to pay close intention to Ovie for sure---but to me Strome is a step down from the years when they had Backstrom and Kuznetsov and any number of scoring threats. We have a solid D when they want to play that way. That and Igor playing well should be enough. I've seen some dismissing the Rangers on 5v5 or even strength play. That said Panarin on his own ended the season 38-37-75 even strength production. His line mates were both in the 50's. I don't think there are many teams that have a line that can do that and Zibanejad line is better than any line the Caps have too. If our best players play like they ought to we should win in at least 6 and maybe even 4 or 5.

Reactions: Blasds

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I’m the DMV king. Literally nobody knows this series better than me.
I've been fathoming this more and it's kind of overwhelming. But with my elite comprehension of the new meta, combined with my undying devotion to our NYR, combined with my status as the king of the DMV, there is literally not a person on the planet who is a bigger expert on this series than me. There's basically nobody who can relate to this feeling besides 2020 Fauci.

• Haha
Reactions: ArPanet

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
It may be in our best interests for Rempe to start on Wilson and pick a fight. Let them both sit or get ejected..we win with this swap

Reactions: NYRFANMANI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad